positional priority  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which position needs to be filled the most for next year

• DE
    • DT
    • WR
    • LB
    • FS

I do think Paris Campbell would be a really nice WR addition that wouldn’t break the bank. Struggles with health but he’s that type of guy our offense has missed. Former Akron guy also. Good production this year, obviously would have been better if he wasn’t part of the worst offense of all time. Sign him and cut Schwartz.

Defense is where a lot of the personnel focus had to be obviously. Lots of focus up front. I’m skeptical we can fill all the holes, still wish we had put forth more effort there this past year when the holes were obvious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I do think Paris Campbell would be a really nice WR addition that wouldn’t break the bank. Struggles with health but he’s that type of guy our offense has missed. Former Akron guy also. Good production this year, obviously would have been better if he wasn’t part of the worst offense of all time. Sign him and cut Schwartz.

Defense is where a lot of the personnel focus had to be obviously. Lots of focus up front. I’m skeptical we can fill all the holes, still wish we had put forth more effort there this past year when the holes were obvious.

Don’t disagree about Campbell if he’s cheap, but I’d like to give Schwartz at least a shot Watson.  Not really because of anything he’s done, but more because Watson had success with Fuller and In theory Schwartz should be able to offer a similar threat down field.

He needs pushed though.  As do Woods, Bell, etc.

We have 2 legit, NFL receivers and that has to change.  Maybe it clicks for Schwartz as a deep threat, maybe Woods and Bell become solid bottom of the roster options, but we can’t rely on just them.

Sign one, draft one.  I’d honestly prefer a second round WR to most spots defensively.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t disagree about Campbell if he’s cheap, but I’d like to give Schwartz at least a shot Watson.  Not really because of anything he’s done, but more because Watson had success with Fuller and In theory Schwartz should be able to offer a similar threat down field.

He needs pushed though.  As do Woods, Bell, etc.

We have 2 legit, NFL receivers and that has to change.  Maybe it clicks for Schwartz as a deep threat, maybe Woods and Bell become solid bottom of the roster options, but we can’t rely on just them.

Sign one, draft one.  I’d honestly prefer a second round WR to most spots defensively.

I agree with most of this.  I don't think Schwartz will end up being any good, but he will get a shot!  I really like Parris Campbell, and think he can be the "Fuller type" that we need.  A WR in the 2nd round would be my second choice.  We have to see how the board falls, but I would love to find Clowney's replacement in the 2nd if possible.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I agree with most of this.  I don't think Schwartz will end up being any good, but he will get a shot!  I really like Parris Campbell, and think he can be the "Fuller type" that we need.  A WR in the 2nd round would be my second choice.  We have to see how the board falls, but I would love to find Clowney's replacement in the 2nd if possible.

I think there’s a chance Alex Wright might be capable of being that guy.  I know I posted this yesterday but it’s stunning.

qI4e5sD.jpg

To the left are the guys with the most difficult pass rush assignments, to the right the easiest.

The top to bottom is how well you performed over expectations.  Top good, bottom bad.  (I realize you may not need this explanation, but…. some… might.

Wright was given the 3rd hardest assignment in the league for pass rushers las season (behind Garrett and Armstrong).  

Imagine what he might be able to when coaches can actually scheme up ways to get him preferable matchups?  Or at least an average assignment.

Like, look at the names and productivity of the dudes I circled in green.  TJ Watt getting absurdly easy assignments.  That’s coaching!  That’s putting players in a position to succeed.

I hate blaming everything on coaching, but this is pretty wild to see our top 3 DEs all being asked to work miracles to produce.  And even more wild is Garrett actually doing it lol 

• Like 4

On 1/12/2023 at 5:44 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think there’s a chance Alex Wright might be capable of being that guy.  I know I posted this yesterday but it’s stunning.

qI4e5sD.jpg

To the left are the guys with the most difficult pass rush assignments, to the right the easiest.

The top to bottom is how well you performed over expectations.  Top good, bottom bad.  (I realize you may not need this explanation, but…. some… might.

Wright was given the 3rd hardest assignment in the league for pass rushers las season (behind Garrett and Armstrong).  

Imagine what he might be able to when coaches can actually scheme up ways to get him preferable matchups?  Or at least an average assignment.

Like, look at the names and productivity of the dudes I circled in green.  TJ Watt getting absurdly easy assignments.  That’s coaching!  That’s putting players in a position to succeed.

I hate blaming everything on coaching, but this is pretty wild to see our top 3 DEs all being asked to work miracles to produce.  And even more wild is Garrett actually doing it lol 

That’s actually very damming for Joe Woods. I would understand if one of our DE’s was always having a tough assignment, but with Garrett being double teamed so much the others should be getting easy assignments. 

Really bad look for the ability of Woods 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 3:42 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

These dudes are all gonna cost way too much money. Maybe not Jones, but that's because he's not really good.

7 sacks as an interior pass rusher is nothing to sneeze at, when was the last time we had someone who has had more than 4.5 sacks inside? 

On 1/10/2023 at 3:42 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

I'd rather get Matt Ioannidis & Greg Gaines to play DT before I would pay Daron Payne the same amount of $$ that we could pay the both of them.

And we will be right back to complaining about lack of interior push with this move 

On 1/11/2023 at 6:14 AM, NateDawg said:

It is going to be interesting 

Stefanski seems to do a better of working with experience rather than rookies

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Anyone watch any tape on Gervon Dexter, Keeanu Benton or Mazi Smith?

The look the type of proper fat shts we need at the nose.

They are all very good. Keeanu Benton is my fave of the bunch. He's my DT3 behind Jalen Carter and Bryan Breese. Absolute bull with a hot motor.

Gervon Dexter is extremely talented, but not consistent or refined.

Mazi Smith is a superfreak, but lacks nuance. He is frustrating to watch at times, but clearly would be best-in-class if he played with more hand usage and reacted quicker to the blocking schemes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s probably gonna get restructured every year.

I'd only do it if we have to. We have 5 guys signed in 2026 and are using 140 million in cap, mostly from Ward/Watson/Garrett/Conklin (Long snappers are cheap) but also paying 7 contracts that are the voided years and they do add up and limit you.