17 members have voted

1. 1. Which position needs to be filled the most for next year

• DE
    • DT
    • WR
    • LB
    • FS

On 1/11/2023 at 11:44 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think there’s a chance Alex Wright might be capable of being that guy.  I know I posted this yesterday but it’s stunning.

qI4e5sD.jpg

To the left are the guys with the most difficult pass rush assignments, to the right the easiest.

The top to bottom is how well you performed over expectations.  Top good, bottom bad.  (I realize you may not need this explanation, but…. some… might.

Wright was given the 3rd hardest assignment in the league for pass rushers las season (behind Garrett and Armstrong).  

Imagine what he might be able to when coaches can actually scheme up ways to get him preferable matchups?  Or at least an average assignment.

Like, look at the names and productivity of the dudes I circled in green.  TJ Watt getting absurdly easy assignments.  That’s coaching!  That’s putting players in a position to succeed.

I hate blaming everything on coaching, but this is pretty wild to see our top 3 DEs all being asked to work miracles to produce.  And even more wild is Garrett actually doing it lol 

Got the DT pass rush info

BYg1j6S.jpg

Obviously neither were studs, but holy christ look at Bryan’s double team rate.  Right about 4th highest in the league for DT.

LIS during the season, we may not have elite DTs or whatever, but they’re not nearly as bad some wanted to believe.  They’re NFL caliber.

Between this graph and the one I quoted from before it’s pretty obvious woods did absolutely nothing to create opportunities for this DL.

I’m in no way saying we’re set on DL talent, we’re not, but I could absolutely see a huge jump in production from the guys we already have if whoever the next DC is manages to provide some favorable matchups consistently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Got the DT pass rush info

BYg1j6S.jpg

Obviously neither were studs, but holy christ look at Bryan’s double team rate.  Right about 4th highest in the league for DT.

LIS during the season, we may not have elite DTs or whatever, but they’re not nearly as bad some wanted to believe.  They’re NFL caliber.

Between this graph and the one I quoted from before it’s pretty obvious woods did absolutely nothing to create opportunities for this DL.

I’m in no way saying we’re set on DL talent, we’re not, but I could absolutely see a huge jump in production from the guys we already have if whoever the next DC is manages to provide some favorable matchups consistently.

Fair on Bryan but what’s Elliott’s excuse? Dude was single teamed.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Fair on Bryan but what’s Elliott’s excuse? Dude was single teamed.

First of all if you take bryant,elliott,and Tua together they make 1 good tackle.

The yardage totals they gave up are are horrible. 

Look at Malik last year he was clearly better then huey,duey,and Lucy.

Look what Dorseyl left again clearly better then last year then they tell are defensive coordinator to play .

The best thing is no matter what Berry is 3 years away from fixing the front 7

Know matter who they bring in as defensive coordinator. 

In 3 years he has drafted 1 starting front

7 .

Nicki Minaj Spaghetti GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

First of all if you take bryant,elliott,and Tua together they make 1 good tackle.

The yardage totals they gave up are are horrible. 

Look at Malik last year he was clearly better then huey,duey,and Lucy.

Look what Dorseyl left again clearly better then last year then they tell are defensive coordinator to play .

The best thing is no matter what Berry is 3 years away from fixing the front 7

Know matter who they bring in as defensive coordinator. 

In 3 years he has drafted 1 starting front

7 .

Nicki Minaj Spaghetti GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

Well said Mike

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Well said Mike

That said this defense can be fixed in 1 off season with the right moves will Berry fix it the odds say know.

Quick fix draft the dt from Baylor then move up and get get Harrison with are 3rd and 4ths.

Another fix take Emerson with are second trade up into the first and draft the kid out of army then trade are 3rd and 4th get the kid from Baylor.

Then sign Malik or Shelton dt for veteran leadership plus run stopping

Ability   

Just remember this administration refused to sign suh in that respect they are just as responsible as woods for the

Browns defensive failure how come nobody on this board brought that up.