Jump to content
pwny

TAST Dynasty League Discussion - Draft underway

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, klyon7634 said:

I have too many WRs. I’m at the limit of 7. Looking to trade one to make room to sign DK

I'm assuming you'd be for it, haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

One taxi spot, the 5 is so guys can add people to their rosters before having to cut someone.

Would you guys also like for roster maximums for RB & WR to be increased to 8? pwny and I were discussing it.

bumping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

One taxi spot, the 5 is so guys can add people to their rosters before having to cut someone.

Would you guys also like for roster maximums for RB & WR to be increased to 8? pwny and I were discussing it.

I'd be in favor of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, husker_vikes3 said:

Would roster size increase as well?

@Adrenaline_Flux @pwny

Doesn't make sense to me to keep the same roster size and increase RB/WR to 8. If someone wants to have eight of each, leaves four roster spots for QB, TE, D/ST and K. Not optimal for roster construction, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, husker_vikes3 said:

@Adrenaline_Flux @pwny

Doesn't make sense to me to keep the same roster size and increase RB/WR to 8. If someone wants to have eight of each, leaves four roster spots for QB, TE, D/ST and K. Not optimal for roster construction, IMO.

I disagree. I like the roster size how it is - no reason to deepen the league. Increasing the position limits is helpful to give us a little more flexibility as far as how we construct our roster. I think almost every team was hitting 7 and 7 with RB and WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UofMfan909 said:

I disagree. I like the roster size how it is - no reason to deepen the league. Increasing the position limits is helpful to give us a little more flexibility as far as how we construct our roster. I think almost every team was hitting 7 and 7 with RB and WR. 

Most teams do have 7 and 7. However, most teams are also carrying at least two tight ends and two QBs. It doesn't add flexibility. It creates more issues. 

"Oh cool. I can roster this deep WR I want now. Oh wait. I have to cut my backup QB."

Why increase position limits to a point that doesn't make sense to roster size? If we want to allow people to have eight of each, it limits the ability to roster other positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, husker_vikes3 said:

Most teams do have 7 and 7. However, most teams are also carrying at least two tight ends and two QBs. It doesn't add flexibility. It creates more issues. 

"Oh cool. I can roster this deep WR I want now. Oh wait. I have to cut my backup QB."

Why increase position limits to a point that doesn't make sense to roster size? If we want to allow people to have eight of each, it limits the ability to roster other positions. 

And if the Oakland Raiders want to roster 4 QBs they can, doesn't mean they can have 54 players on their roster. If teams want to go deep at one position, then they choose to go thinner elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hagar said:

And if the Oakland Raiders want to roster 4 QBs they can, doesn't mean they can have 54 players on their roster. If teams want to go deep at one position, then they choose to go thinner elsewhere.

Cool.

My point is before the increase 20 made sense. 7 RBs, 7 WRs. Six spots split between QB, TE, D and K. In a 16-team league, most teams will want to roster at least 2 tight ends and 2 QBs. One spot each for D and K. But the choice still was there to have 6 RBs or 6 WRs and hold three TEs or three QBs or two defenses or two kickers. Now, having six RBs or six WRs becomes a little bit less palatable. You're behind the eight ball. Give the teams the ability to hold eight of a position and they likely will. Doesn't make sense to then leave four or even five spots for four positions in the lineup — especially when those four positions are starters and two of which you need to carry depth behind.

Especially when our justification is "Oh, it adds flexibility for teams to add their draft picks." We've been playing with 7 RBs and 7 WRs for years, made it work, made tough choices. I know I was in favor of it, but in retrospect it seems like a rash decision, especially if we're not increasing roster size by one or two spots. And I'm not pushing for this so I can add an eighth running back or something. Right now, my roster is 1 QB, 7 RBs, 8 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 D and 1 K. I have zero flexibility to add a backup QB or a bye week defense or kicker without dropping one of my RBs or WRs. We're not actually giving teams the "ability" or "flexibility" to stash fliers or deep bench guys.

Also, apparently my word of the day was especially lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pwny brought the idea to me as it was something I'm guessing he had been considering doing for a while.

husker, you bring up some good points. For now, I think we'll play the season with 8 as the limit for RB and WR and depending on how it goes, we may keep it at 8 or reduce it back to 7 for next season. So, that should be kept in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't drop Brissett, can someone give him back? Drop Kroft. I'm going to Vegas and might not be able to check this

I tried to move him to TAXI which I realize isn't right but it just dropped him instead...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I didn't drop Brissett, can someone give him back? Drop Kroft. I'm going to Vegas and might not be able to check this

I tried to move him to TAXI which I realize isn't right but it just dropped him instead...?

done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×