Wild Card Round: Giants (9-7-1) at VIKINGS (13-4)

swede700

Game 18

NFL_Giants.gif?width=160&height=106&fit=boundsat NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&he

When:  4:30 PM EST January 15th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); 

Announcers:  Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi (TV);  Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: RB Kene Nwangwu (illness), CB Cam Dantzler (ankle/personal), S Harrison Smith (knee), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Giants - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

After the team’s performances in their rematches against Detroit and Green Bay, I’m not entirely confident in this one. 

I'm not either, especially when they won't have O'Neill to hold off Thibodeaux.  But, they do have the home field advantage again, which will help. It also helps that a great majority of the Giants' roster has no playoff experience, including the QB and RB.  The Vikings will need to play a lot better than they did the last time.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Giants seem like such a new team or new to the playoffs. We missed the last 2 seasons, but I like our experience a bit more here.

This might be our only home game. Might as well make the most of it. Skol!

You don't think the Seahawks can knock off the 49ers?  🤣 

It's always hard for a team to beat another team 3 times in one season (the 49ers swept the Seahawks in the regular season).  With that game being the first game, we'll know on Sunday whether, if the Vikings win, they'd face the 49ers or the Cowboys/Bucs.

• Like 2

I am very confident this game will be different. The Vikings offense were up against the Giants practice squad secondary last time. For this game our #1 Corner, Adoree Jackson and our best safety, Xavier McKinney will be playing in this game. Our second best pass rusher Azeez Ojulari should be fully healed and able to play the entire game.  I believe I heard your starting Center might be able to play in the game, he better if does not Dexter Lawrence might take over the game by himself, you will be hearing his name often regardless. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I am very confident this game will be different. The Vikings offense were up against the Giants practice squad secondary last time. For this game our #1 Corner, Adoree Jackson and our best safety, Xavier McKinney will be playing in this game. Our second best pass rusher Azeez Ojulari should be fully healed and able to play the entire game.  I believe I heard your starting Center might be able to play in the game, he better if does not Dexter Lawrence might take over the game by himself, you will be hearing his name often regardless. 

I have no doubt that it'll be a tough game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradbury (the starting C) be back for the game, but if not, Chris Reed is more physically built than Bradbury is, so he'd likely hold up better than Bradbury would against Lawrence.  We love your DL coach in these parts as he does miracles with defensive linemen, so I have no concerns that he'll have your guys ready to go against the offensive linemen.  The Vikings do have a significant advantage in skill position players (outside of Saquon) and HFA, so they have that going for them.  I expect it to be one of the better games in the weekend though.  We'll just have to see what happens.  

14 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

we fear not your pithy blue people.

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we fear not your pithy blue people.

We'll have to see how Jackson performs considering he hasn't played since before Thanksgiving and McKinney just played in his first game since Halloween.  That's a lot of rust to knock off playing in a playoff game.  

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

We love your DL coach in these parts as he does miracles with defensive linemen

I have to give him credit from turning Dexter from an above average d-lineman to one that is playing on an All Pro level, I had no idea he had that in him. 

5 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I have to give him credit from turning Dexter from an above average d-lineman to one that is playing on an All Pro level, I had no idea he had that in him. 

Dre can elevate anyone.  If they are a scrub, he can make them competent and if they are talented, he can make them into superstars.  He is that good of a coach.  

• Like 1

Depends if Vikings offense is better prepared on how to deal with Giants blitzes this time around...offense struggled a lot against Giants blitz in the earlier matchup.  Also getting Bradbury back will be quite huge..interior OLine has been a huge issue especially since Bradbury got injured. The dropoff from Bradbury to Chris Reed has been quite significant