Wild Card Round: Giants (9-7-1) at VIKINGS (13-4)

swede700

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

I am very confident this game will be different. The Vikings offense were up against the Giants practice squad secondary last time. For this game our #1 Corner, Adoree Jackson and our best safety, Xavier McKinney will be playing in this game. Our second best pass rusher Azeez Ojulari should be fully healed and able to play the entire game.

Thanks for this, I was wondering who might be playing that didn't play in the Christmas Eve matchup.

From a Vikings perspective:

+ Irv Smith Jr. 

- Brian O'Neill (RT) and Austin Schlottmann (OC)

??? Akayleb Evans (CB) and Garrett Bradbury (OC)

Who am I missing guys?

In all seriousness, the last time the Vikings faced the Giants was that 41-doughnut game, which was the earliest I've ever turned a Vikings' playoff game off, as I think I turned if off 15 minutes into the game because I knew it was over that quickly.  

This will be only the 4th time the Vikings have faced the Giants in the playoffs (and the first one at home), and the only win for the Vikings was 3 years before that game in a game some will remember in which the Vikings came back from 9 pts down in the last minute and a half of the game to win on an Eddie Murray (not the Orioles 1st baseman) FG with 10 seconds to play 23-22.

Edited by swede700

11 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Honestly my biggest fear is Saquon. He was so under used last game, and I really felt like he could have took the game over.

I’m not as concerned by them getting more DB’s back. Honestly I think the offense can still move the ball. 

will be interesting to see how the offense come out. 

You guys will absolutely still be able to move the ball. At the very, very least, Justin Jefferson will get his. He's too good to stop completely. That said, getting Mckinney back will make a big difference. That Jefferson touchdown in the first meeting does not happen with Mckinney in (instead of Jason Pinnock). Pinnock is a solid, young player, but he takes awful angles pretty regularly. Mckinney does not. He'd play that correctly over the top. Just a little takeaway.

57 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

You guys will absolutely still be able to move the ball. At the very, very least, Justin Jefferson will get his. He's too good to stop completely. That said, getting Mckinney back will make a big difference. That Jefferson touchdown in the first meeting does not happen with Mckinney in (instead of Jason Pinnock). Pinnock is a solid, young player, but he takes awful angles pretty regularly. Mckinney does not. He'd play that correctly over the top. Just a little takeaway.

100% agree. But that said it will be interesting how they change the offense knowing that some of the key players are back for you guys.

• Like 1

This game has all the makings of a knock-down, drag-out fight.   The Vikes need to land some heavy body blows early . . . Not exactly sure how we do that, but we'll have to see if we can get 4 yards a carry running right at Lawrence and Williams -- thats a tall task.   But, Cook can be awfully shifty between the tackles and Hamm can clean up any LB or safety.   Its the run blitz that has been a thorn . . . Seems we've had a lot of drives stall when opposing Ds send multiple DBs in on run support.

So, the Vikes have to mix it up - a lot . . . But remain patient taking good opportunities.   Then again, the O-Line has to make some opportunities . . . 

If Kirk has 0 Ints and we hold onto the ball, I like the Vikes chances, especially if Kirk is sacked less than 3 times.

Defensively, the rush has to stop Barkley and get to Jones.  Not much else will matter if this doesn't happen.

Thinking back though, wasn't there a game between these two, years ago, where the Vikes scored a punt return TD, an Int Td, and a KO return TD winning the game 21-14?  My feeble mind may have that all wrong . . . I certainly hope thats not how they win this week, but a W any way possible is still a W!

• Like 1