notthatbluestuff

Here is your poll:  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Chargers
    • Jaguars

22 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Amazon Video Sam GIF by Red Oaks

Guy was gifted a 27-0 lead and his defense had FIVE takeaways. If Matt Ryan is mocked for 28-3, then Herbert should be mocked for this. NO TEAM HAS EVER DONE THIS BEFORE.

Herbert is the new Dan Marino: undeniably talented, but will never win anything meaningful because he chokes when the spotlight is on him.

How many takeaways came after they got up 27-0? Defense shut down in the 2nd half. Rolled over and took it for the last 2 quarters. The defense should always take the blame for the defense playing absolutely terrible when the game is on the line, but that's just me I guess.

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I wonder how long he'll be able to ride the "OC has been shackling him" card. I do want to see him with someone else though. 

His best season came in 2020 when he had Steichen. Our fanbase hated him for no reason, he went to the Eagles and is now respected as one of the top OCs in the league. Joe Lombardi is a fraud who would be selling insurance if his last name wasn't Lombardi. He legitimately calls the most bone-headed offense imaginable. If you were trying to lose football games, you wouldn't do anything different than what Joe Lombardi does.

Al Michaels is washed up as a commentator IMO. He didn't care all season and didn't really seem to care tonight either. 

Buck/Aikman, Burkhardt/Olsen, Romo/Nantz, Tirico/Collinsworth, Michaels/Herbstreit, in that order IMO

Dungy was also pretty boring tn too

The Herbert TD miss was pretty bad. I definitely think he deserves blame for this loss from that alone. But yeah inexcusable to allow such a comeback by Staley, especially when he was a HC with a defensive background.

Couldn’t imagine being a fan and experiencing that level of soul crushing loss. Worse loss I can remember was BAL- NE AFCCG where Cundiff missed wide left to tie. But that led to Justin Tucker being brought in and the Ravens winning a SB the following season, perhaps this level of sorcery means the Chargers fans will be gifted to see a SB win for their squad next season as well.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

The Herbert TD miss was pretty bad. I definitely think he deserves blame for this loss from that alone. But yeah inexcusable to allow such a comeback by Staley, especially when he was a HC with a defensive background.

Couldn’t imagine being a fan and experiencing that level of soul crushing loss. Worse loss I can remember was BAL- NE AFCCG where Cundiff missed wide left to tie. But that led to Justin Tucker being brought in and the Ravens winning a SB the following season, perhaps this level of sorcery means the Chargers fans will be gifted to see a SB win for their squad next season as well.

This absolutely sucks in the short-term, but if they're able to get Payton they'll come out ahead long-term. 

24 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

How many takeaways came after they got up 27-0? Defense shut down in the 2nd half. Rolled over and took it for the last 2 quarters. The defense should always take the blame for the defense playing absolutely terrible when the game is on the line, but that's just me I guess.

Defense’s job is to stop the other team from scoring points + force turnovers. Offense’s job is to score points. Both teams did their jobs in the first half. Both sides largely failed at their jobs in the second half (more defense than offense, but both).

3 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

And the offense only scored 3 points? I get Lombardi is a poor OC but Herbert is the one with the ball in his hands.

It's a team wide failure, including Herbert.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

Diverting blame from anyone in a case like this is foolish. You can't give up a comeback like this without everyone failing to do their jobs properly. One touchdown drive from the offense and they win. Even just like two first downs on that last drive, and they win. One stop by the defense in the second half and they also win. Both sides failed on every single drive of the second half to do their jobs correctly. The blame goes to everyone, including Herbert. And especially Staley. Team failure falls on the guy in charge of the team, in the end.

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Defense’s job is to stop the other team from scoring points + force turnovers. Offense’s job is to score points. Both teams did their jobs in the first half. Both sides largely failed at their jobs in the second half (more defense than offense, but both).

Let’s be real, the offense was dog poo in the first half too. Herbert might be a franchise QB but there is no way to tell if he is with Lombari’s play calling and overall scheme. Everything is a quick curl or out. The offense does not attack the seams or middle of the field. It’s like it has a giant chasm there that Lombardi refuses to attack. The number of times this season we schemed three receiving option into the same area of the field where one defender could essentially cover 3 guys was mind boggling. Then there is the calls of rolling the pocket right and having all recruiting options on the left side of the field so Herbert has to throw cross body like Montana shortened his career doing. On paper this offense should be a juggernaut. On the field we are producing 180 yards in 6 possessions…

Name me one franchise QB that has an offense getting 30 yards a drive. Lombardi needs to go. Herbert and Staley need to take a step forward next year and be a legit playoff team and not a team benefiting from the easiest SOS to end the season imaginable. Otherwise I don’t see how you pay a guy 40m a season to be a Cutler. 

9 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Diverting blame from anyone in a case like this is foolish. You can't give up a comeback like this without everyone failing to do their jobs properly. One touchdown drive from the offense and they win. Even just like two first downs on that last drive, and they win. One stop by the defense in the second half and they also win. Both sides failed on every single drive of the second half to do their jobs correctly. The blame goes to everyone, including Herbert. And especially Staley. Team failure falls on the guy in charge of the team, in the end.

I do not in any way blame Asante Samuel for todays loss. Bosa got paid 10m for every sack this year. That’s mind boggling. 

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Eagles fans told us it was all Frank Reich and that Douglas was a fraud.

Some maybe. Most didn’t believe this though. Doug was and is a good coach and I always said was the perfect guy for a team like the Jags. 

Obviously he has numerous issues as well which could have been fixed by now, but if I’d have to guess they will show up again in a few years down the line. This is definitely a huge win for him and the Jags tho. Always will root for Dougy P. 

• Like 1