2022 Super Wild Card Weekend: AFC 5) LA Chargers @ 4) Jacksonville Jaguars

notthatbluestuff

Here is your poll:  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Chargers
    • Jaguars

2 minutes ago, Leoric said:

I do not in any way blame Asante Samuel for todays loss. Bosa got paid 10m for every sack this year. That’s mind boggling. 

Even Samuel, he makes one tackle on 4th and 1, that game is probably over. Very difficult tackle, mind you, but he was the guy left unblocked on the Etienne run there.

Obviously, Samuel played a fantastic game. Just sticking with the general point that, a game this close, this big of a comeback, everybody had a hand in letting it happen.

26 minutes ago, Leoric said:

I do not in any way blame Asante Samuel for todays loss. Bosa got paid 10m for every sack this year. That’s mind boggling. 

Uhh...he played 5 games and was injured.     Pretty silly to criticize him for that.

• Like 1

So many people are talking about the Chargers blowing a lead.  What they SHOULD be talking about is the genius of a head coach/quarterback combo who were so confident in their abilities that they spotted the visiting team 27 points in just so they could come back for the win in front of their home crowd! 

That was incredible.

On another note, to those calling for Sean Payton to LA, it wouldn't have mattered tonight.  Not even his bounty scheme would have been able to stop this result.  The Jags were majestic in that comeback.

Trevor Lawrence showed some of what made him the consensus #1 overall pick all the way back to his freshman year of college.  Not many players outside of Brady and Montana are that cool.  Unbelievable!

Los Angeles Chokers! Biggest choking organization of all time. Never fails. Doesn’t matter who the QB is or who the coach is… they will choke, always. Up 17-0 I had zero doubts Jags would come back and win. Once it was 27-0 I was more like 50/50 (after the Viking/Colts I’m never ruling anyone out, plus it’s the Chargers… they always find a way to lose)

Edited by BayRaider

Why the hell did Pederson go for 2pts down 4? No analytics tells you to do that. I get you play to win the game, but you have the momentum at that point so why not take it to OT? That was a pure gamble move. Paid off unfortunately for LAC, but had Staley done something like that and lost, he'd be fired immediately. Pederson got out of dodge with that one.

5 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Why the hell did Pederson go for 2pts down 4? No analytics tells you to do that. I get you play to win the game, but you have the momentum at that point so why not take it to OT? That was a pure gamble move. Paid off unfortunately for LAC, but had Staley done something like that and lost, he'd be fired immediately. Pederson got out of dodge with that one.

The analytics probably did say go for it. Chargers were bound to score eventually, so if it went to OT it could of went either way.