2022 Super Wild Card Weekend: AFC 5) LA Chargers @ 4) Jacksonville Jaguars

notthatbluestuff

Here is your poll:  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Chargers
    • Jaguars

10 minutes ago, checkcola said:

The penalty made it very tough not to go for it at that point.  A regular 2 point conversation is supposedly 50% as is, has to be even more on the 1 yard line.  

Did they get an offsides and get the ball at the 1? Did he take the kicking team off to go for it? I fell asleep...

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

NBC can't be flamed enough for last night. 

That might've been the most geriatric broadcast ever, especially considering the circumstances. 

Times have definitely changed. This was about the energy level of a Summerall broadcast. Maybe that's why it didn't bug me that much. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Herbert isn't the main reason they lost, obviously, but man.  When you are the franchise QB, you can't give up a 27 point lead.  You gotta make a play in the second half to secure the win.  And Herbert failed to do that.

It's also naturally going to be influenced by what people say (i.e. Herbert being a top 5 QB). Without looking I'm fairly sure that Brady, Manning, Mahomes and several others have never blown a 27 point lead...if people are going to try to put him in that type of company, can't now say "this isn't his fault!"

We can look at Stafford last year....similar situation against the Bucs (a much better team), and multiple fumbles and just one three and out...but still made the big plays when we needed it most.

8 hours ago, biggie. said:

So what's the excuse for Herbert now?

he needs to minimize the batted down passes. 

The loss isn't on him, he helped get enough points to win.

This loss is more on the inability to run, the defence failing and penalties/discipline.  Whoever gets this team as the new HC (expect Staley to get fired) will clean house most likely. This was an implosion , probably 2 of the most contrasting halves of football played by a team in a long time. 

Then I just saw how their cap situation is  O.o

52 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They need a real RB. 

How about a real OC and OL that will run block? The play calling in the 2nd half was pass heavy, maybe relying on Herbert too much as well. Some teams rely on the QB too much IMO. What a fail by the Chargers though, unreal . The Colts vs Vikings game was different since the Colts were a bad team without the franchise QB . 

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

NBC can't be flamed enough for last night. 

That might've been the most geriatric broadcast ever, especially considering the circumstances. 

I thought they lacked enthusiasm especially considering how the game progressed.  I even thought at times that it's time for both to retire if they can't be intersted enough especially Michaels. Dungy is more calm , but Michaels has shown over the year to be more interested than he was last night, a bit shocked by how he was. 

Let new people have their time, yours  is up. Nothing worse in the world of sports than when people (vets way past their prime ) that  keep collecting a paycheck at others expense .  If Al doesn't like working with Dungy, then NBC made the mistake of the having them together .  The announcing team contributes to the game, people NOW know this after  last nights game.