2022 Super Wild Card Weekend: AFC 5) LA Chargers @ 4) Jacksonville Jaguars

notthatbluestuff

Here is your poll:  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Chargers
    • Jaguars

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

How about a real OC and OL that will run block? The play calling in the 2nd half was pass heavy, maybe relying on Herbert too much as well. Some teams rely on the QB too much IMO. What a fail by the Chargers though, unreal . The Colts vs Vikings game was different since the Colts were a bad team without the franchise QB . 

Pass heavy because they don’t trust Ek as a runner. There’s a reason he never got 20 carries in a game this season. They need a workhorse that can ice the game. He isn’t that guy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Pass heavy because they don’t trust Ek as a runner. There’s a reason he never got 20 carries in a game this season. They need a workhorse that can ice the game. He isn’t that guy.

so it's not just the OL or OC then?  I never knew this, but if so, will the workhorse alone help or is the OL to blame as well?  

still, they fell apart in the 2nd half on defence and have issues there too.  27 points should be enough in most game

11 hours ago, Towerbridge said:

Lawrence is a measured 6-5

6 foot 5.625 

Tbh you might be right since most of the time the measurements are in the morning time so he limely drops to near 6 foot 5.25 or so at his low. Though that alao means Herbert drops below his measured combine height by the end of the game as well. Herbert measured in at 6 foot 6.25 so the height difference between Lawrence and Herbert if they were measured at the same amount of time out of bed is about 5/8 of an inch so Herbert is just over half an inch taller. 

Also off topic I met a guy the other day that claims he measures in at 6 foot 5.75 at his low at night be measures around 6 foot 6 flat i the afternoon and near Herberts height a little before lunch time. What time does the combine measure people ya think? I am wondering how tall he would measure in the NFL.

Edited by NeptunePenguins

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

NBC can't be flamed enough for last night. 

That might've been the most geriatric broadcast ever, especially considering the circumstances. 

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really looking for the broadcasters to enhance the excitement. I want them to just present the game and what's happening on the field and giving some context. I don't need hype men pro wrestling announcers. This is one of the weirder things fans get preoccupied with. Usually the game just sort of speaks for itself. 

I suspect it's part of instant gratification culture where everything has to be the "best ever" or "worst ever" and I guess people want the announcers to reflect that. The game speaks for itself. 

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Times have definitely changed. This was about the energy level of a Summerall broadcast. Maybe that's why it didn't bug me that much. 

Pretty much this. This was par for the course most of the time. Even Aikman and Buck didn't become overly enthusiastic aside from the one off plays here or there until the last 5 years. Now if you hear Buck call a baseball game he screams about how every small thing is "absolutely filthy" and troy calls every other play "amazing". Like really?