2022 Super Wild Card Weekend: AFC 5) LA Chargers @ 4) Jacksonville Jaguars

notthatbluestuff

Here is your poll:  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Chargers
    • Jaguars

13 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

whats up with this team then?  They are slow at the start of games, halftime adjustments or what else? Thats quite a stat you showed,  makes last night 'almost' routine I guess.  I thought the Chargers failed more than the Jags succeeded, but maybe not. 

They’ve got Dougie P holding the ship together who doesn’t panic when things are bad and a QB who knows how to win in big moments, especially at home.  

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

They’ve got Dougie P holding the ship together who doesn’t panic when things are bad and a QB who knows how to win in big moments, especially at home.  

if there was more time left in the game , would Doug get the running game going and  own TOP?  If so, this could get interesting, not just pass happy . 

15 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

if there was more time left in the game , would Doug get the running game going and  own TOP?  If so, this could get interesting, not just pass happy . 

Tony Dungy had said repeatedly you have to stick to the gameplan, and that’s exactly what Dougie P did. 

4 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

Does anyone think we'll stop hearing about how Justin Herbert is the best QB in the league? Probably not. But it is hilarious how commentators and these "experts" keep talking about how amazing he is.

Amazing how you can the best and continue to lose.

He’s the Social Media QB of the Century

4 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

Does anyone think we'll stop hearing about how Justin Herbert is the best QB in the league? Probably not. But it is hilarious how commentators and these "experts" keep talking about how amazing he is.

Amazing how you can the best and continue to lose.

Who the hell called Justin Herbert the best QB in the league? I know people say he's awesome and he's up there, but I don't know anyone who calls him the best.

33 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

whats up with this team then?  They are slow at the start of games, halftime adjustments or what else? Thats quite a stat you showed,  makes last night 'almost' routine I guess.  I thought the Chargers failed more than the Jags succeeded, but maybe not. 

Sometimes Trevor just needs to get angry.  But really yesterday I think Lawrence and the receivers adjusted to what the chargers doing(along with the refs not flagging pi). 

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

he needs to minimize the batted down passes. 

The loss isn't on him, he helped get enough points to win.

This loss is more on the inability to run, the defence failing and penalties/discipline.  Whoever gets this team as the new HC (expect Staley to get fired) will clean house most likely. This was an implosion , probably 2 of the most contrasting halves of football played by a team in a long time. 

Then I just saw how their cap situation is  O.o

When you blow a 27-0 lead, it's not just on one player. With that said, the dude is hailed as a "great" QB and has a 27-0 lead. He needs to close that game. I watched Herbert's conference after the game, and he's exactly right. He said something like he feels terrible for the defense for the offense being terrible and not being able to score in the second half of the game.

They were essentially gifted points off Lawrence's 4 INTs.

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

When you blow a 27-0 lead, it's not just on one player. With that said, the dude is hailed as a "great" QB and has a 27-0 lead. He needs to close that game. I watched Herbert's conference after the game, and he's exactly right. He said something like he feels terrible for the defense for the offense being terrible and not being able to score in the second half of the game.

They were essentially gifted points off Lawrence's 4 INTs.

good point about being gifted points. He could have done better in the 2nd half  but their defence really failed as well.  This game might have been more absurd than the Colts/Vikings game of all things and I saw both. 

48 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

A 27+ to nothing lead in the NFL is quickly becoming a 2 score lead in hockey 😆

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/15/jaguars-win-after-trailing-27-0-was-nfls-fifth-biggest-comeback/

2 of the 5 biggest comebacks in NFL history were in the last month according to the above article

The other 3 were Oilers-Bills in 1993, Chiefs-Colts in 2014 & Saints-49ers in 1980

Interestingly, the road team blew all 5 of those leads to the home team 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1