2022 Super Wild Card Weekend: AFC 5) LA Chargers @ 4) Jacksonville Jaguars

notthatbluestuff

Here is your poll:  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Chargers
    • Jaguars

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I check in very rarely. the short answer is it's a combination of toxic leadership and there just simply being better avenues on the internet to discuss football.

My leadership is awesome, sir. 

They don't call me the George Custer of FF for nothing. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Habbsawce said:

Does anyone think we'll stop hearing about how Justin Herbert is the best QB in the league? Probably not. But it is hilarious how commentators and these "experts" keep talking about how amazing he is.

Amazing how you can the best and continue to lose.

Even last night, it’s “oh but Staley did this, Lombardi did that, Bosa let the team down”, blah blah.

And none of that is strictly incorrect. Joe Lombardi is obviously a terrible OC, and Joey Bosa had a complete meltdown last night which cost his team. But if Justin Herbert is the prodigal QB that the media are so keen to tell us he is all the time, he quite simply leads an offense to more than 3 points in that half and wins the game. Enough with the excuses.

Edited by Nightmare

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

which ones do you like? Agree that the calling helps the game  in a way, not sure how much but some announcers can be annoying.   Keith Jackson was great

I like Nantz with Romo and Greg Olsen with Kevin Burkhardt. I enjoy watching Peyton and Eli too. I just feel that Buck is insufferably arrogant. I don't hate Aikman, I just think he's very good. Collinsworth is irritating, but tolerable. Other than those, I don't have strong feelings one way or another.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really looking for the broadcasters to enhance the excitement. I want them to just present the game and what's happening on the field and giving some context. I don't need hype men pro wrestling announcers. This is one of the weirder things fans get preoccupied with. Usually the game just sort of speaks for itself. 

I suspect it's part of instant gratification culture where everything has to be the "best ever" or "worst ever" and I guess people want the announcers to reflect that. The game speaks for itself. 

Pretty much this. This was par for the course most of the time. Even Aikman and Buck didn't become overly enthusiastic aside from the one off plays here or there until the last 5 years. Now if you hear Buck call a baseball game he screams about how every small thing is "absolutely filthy" and troy calls every other play "amazing". Like really?  

I was just thinking that comparison with people wanting WWF-like announcers in this era. I also agree with the instant gratification era where everything has to be the "best ever". People getting ticked off over that is a bit strange to me.