NYRaider

Who wins  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Bengals
    • Ravens

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Or he's just hurt 

Players play through sprains and swelling all the time in the playoffs, this is do or die time. I have no doubt his knee is still swollen but if he really wanted to, he can play through it. His re-injury risk is high and he doesn’t want to risk that before his big contract. Like I said, if he already had that contract, I have no doubts he plays. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Players play through sprains and swelling all the time in the playoffs, this is do or die time. I have no doubt his knee is still swollen but if he really wanted to, he can play through it. His re-injury risk is high and he doesn’t want to risk that before his big contract. Like I said, if he already had that contract, I have no doubts he plays. 

I mean if his knee is not stable, there are other issues at play here. Not just swelling 

Trying to play through an injury where you're at major risk of doing more damage to your knee is ****ed. 

If he's able to play at 75% he's probably playing but if he's not able to be even somewhat mobile the offense is kinda borked given we 1 legitimate pass catching weapon.

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Which players risk all the time for a chip

And they shouldn't if they haven't gotten a 2nd contract, because it nukes their career.

The organization is not going to reward you for being tough and gutting it out if you blow out your knee in a playoff game, they're going to lowball you or tell you sorry, we're moving on.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lamar is injured, knees are fragile, he relies on his more than most QB's, he wants to get paid, the team is crap without him, none of this exists in a vacuum. 

It makes the situation so much more complicated and interesting. 4 weeks into this season, you think 'no way will Lamar not be a Raven next year'. Now, I don't know!

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I love that Sammy Watkins is essentially calling him out for not playing injured, a man who just joined the team and hasn't missed an IR invitation in his life.

6 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Wow... 

Am I the only person in the world who read this not as Sammy calling him out, but just him wishing Lamar could play? He even just says he's being very selfish cuz he wants him out there but doesn't know.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Am I the only person in the world who read this not as Sammy calling him out, but just him wishing Lamar could play? He even just says he's being very selfish cuz he wants him out there but doesn't know.

Hard for me to read it that way when Watkins questions how Lamar is thinking about the situation.