2022 Super Wildcard Weekend: (3) Bengals vs (6) Ravens

NYRaider

Who wins  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Bengals
    • Ravens

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Touching a face mask doesn’t give you a competitive advantage. Penalty fine. But it doesn’t warrant an auto 1st down. So stupid that every defensive penalty except offsides is a 1st down 

The reason it's so harsh a penalty, is the safety risk.  Obviously if you're just brushing the facemask that's not the case, but if you actually really get a hold of it, you can yank someone's neck around super dangerously.  The intent of the rule being to just force players to be more cautious about it altogether, so we don't have to sit there and quibble about what was a real face mask and what wasn't.

21 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Give me a break.

I saw the interviews all week. Not gonna psy-op me into forgetting about the Bengals complaining allllll week about “dirty” plays by the Ravens last week that turned out upon film review to be absolutely nothing lol. Is what it is. Once the coin flip chip was out the window they needed to pivot to another perceived slight 

Just now, Tugboat said:

The reason it's so harsh a penalty, is the safety risk.  Obviously if you're just brushing the facemask that's not the case, but if you actually really get a hold of it, you can yank someone's neck around super dangerously.  The intent of the rule being to just force players to be more cautious about it altogether, so we don't have to sit there and quibble about what was a real face mask and what wasn't.

I agree if you grab it