2022 Super Wildcard Weekend: (3) Bengals vs (6) Ravens

NYRaider

Who wins  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Bengals
    • Ravens

Just now, Ray Reed said:

If that was the case wouldn’t they have put this as the MNF game? That would have been an entire extra day 

Nah cuz Bucs/Cowboys is going to be a ratings boom. I guess what I should have said (and others have said the same) is that this was the non-Bucs/Cowboys game that had flexibility to be moved around.

• Like 1

If Lamar plays, I see this being a very competitive game. The Ravens defense should be able to hold the Bengals in relative check but they will need to score around 24-26 points to win. Not happening if Lamar does not play. 

CIN 24

BAL 13

I'm guessing he will NOT be playing. 

19 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Consider: We just rested most of our starters

Most? Wasn't it just Dobbins, Andrews, Zeitler, and Marcus Peters? Maybe Huntley too. He probably could have gone if it was a playoff game. 

19 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

turned the ball over 5 times and still only lost by 11 to their entire starting lineup.

Fair enough, but considering Burrow played pretty poorly and we kind of took our foot off the gas in the second half, I'm not overly concerned. I don't think we even picked up a first down in the 2nd half once we were up 17 if my memory serves me correctly. Seems like we just felt content to get off the field and rest up for next week.

Having said that, this is a very tough, well-coached Ravens team that you can't count out or let up on. If we do the same thing next week we could very well lose. I expect to win but would not be surprised at all if it was a one score game.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Most? Wasn't it just Dobbins, Andrews, Zeitler, and Marcus Peters? Maybe Huntley too. He probably could have gone if it was a playoff game. 

Yeah, "just" all of those guys lol and we also barely played several vets on defense (such as Campbell, Houston, etc.)

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Fair enough, but considering Burrow played pretty poorly and we kind of took our foot off the gas in the second half, I'm not overly concerned. I don't think we even picked up a first down in the 2nd half once we were up 17 if my memory serves me correctly. Seems like we just felt content to get off the field and rest up for next week.

Having said that, this is a very tough, well-coached Ravens team that you can't count out or let up on. If we do the same thing next week we could very well lose. I expect to win but would not be surprised at all if it was a one score game.

You can say you took your foot off the gas and Burrow played poorly, I can say our backups were outplaying your starters. Who's to say who is right?

If Lamar plays, the Ravens have a good chance to win.

If Huntley plays, the Ravens could win but it'd be tough. 

If Brown Jr. plays, the Ravens have no chance at winning. 

I give Huntley a decent chance just because it's possible the week off helped him rest his arm and he's throwing better than he did at the end of the regular season. 

Coincidently, the Ravens top offensive players (Lamar, Stanley, Andrews, Dobbins, Edwards) have never played together in a game this year. But they might on Sunday. The hope this year for the Ravens has always been that their recovering players come back and are effective come playoff time. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:
3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yeah, "just" all of those guys lol and we also barely played several vets on defense (such as Campbell, Houston, etc.)

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

You can say you took your foot off the gas and Burrow played poorly, I can say our backups were outplaying your starters. Who's to say who is right?

You said that you fully expect the Bengals to blow you out of the water, so...

Who are you trying to convince who of what?

Seems like mixed messages. "We competed in the 2nd half of a game we were down 17 at half with our backups in"... "don't downplay what the Ravens did with some backups" ... We're going to get our butts kicked in a rematch against them this week"

*Not actual quotes

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You said that you fully expect the Bengals to blow you out of the water, so...

Who are you trying to convince who of what?

Seems like mixed messages. "We competed in the 2nd half of a game we were down 17 at half with our backups in"... "don't downplay what the Ravens did with some backups" ... We're going to get our butts kicked in a rematch against them this week"

*Not actual quotes

The realist in me thinks we're going to get blown out.

The optimist in me says if you want to make an argument for Baltimore winning this game, here it is...

That's pretty much it.

On 1/9/2023 at 11:50 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you aren't interested in many games this weekend, this game is going to be one to watch simply because it seems like there's going to be A LOT of toxicity/chippy-ness among the players. We already had 2 fights break out yesterday, I suspect there's going to be a few fights and a lot of words back and forth between the teams.

And all of this while the Ravens play Tyler Huntley and score maybe 13 points.

You're probably right about the chippy things happening. 

I hope we(Bengal) win. I won't say good luck, because I wouldn't mean it. But I will say I hope nobody gets hurt on either team.

And I am just happy to see no stealers in the playoffs, that always makes me happy.. 

All of the people saying Bengals big makes me worry.. I never like that unless it's a truly terrible team, which the Ravens obviously aren't.  Can't wait for the game though.  WhoDey

Edited by fluhartz