What are some things the Packers could/should do in the 2023 off season?

svp

My first content origin post. I would like to make a safe space for my thoughts during the boring offseason. This last season was farblungent enough that I want to participate during the off season. I've never made a mock draft.  No college football. I tried once and just started imagining the ghost of Reggie White driving a bulldozer, which was also in ghost form and then I wasn't able to stop thinking about a "ghost bulldozer". Anyway, Packers are perennial playoff losers  and that is a pattern  that could be scrutinized for funzies. It's either post here or get a job. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, svp said:

I've never made a mock draft.  No college football. I tried once and just started imagining the ghost of Reggie White driving a bulldozer, which was also in ghost form and then I wasn't able to stop thinking about a "ghost bulldozer". 

This is why you should just say no to drugs kids

In all seriousness, doing a serious mock offseason will really help improve your understanding of the game. 

• Like 1

We might not have to worry about Rodgers.  There is a chance he'll retire.  If he wants to keep playing is there a GM willing to make a deal for a 40 year old QB at his salary?  I suspect he will be our starter in 2023 if he doesn't hand up his cleats.

Draft (or trade/sign) another WR or 2.  I like Watson and Doubs but Cobb is well past his prime.  Lazard is a nice guy to have around doing the dirty work but isn't a #1.

Draft (or trade/sign) a speedy TE.  Our TE group does not put fear in any defenses in this league.

Draft a tackle.  Nijman isn't the answer and Tom is better suited inside.  Better depth on the OL would be a plus too.

It is truly time to give Barry his walking papers.  Too often he doesn't put his players in position to be successful.  This unit is too talented to be playing like this.

Getting another speedy ILB would be nice to go with Campbell.  

Amos is getting long in the tooth and we need a compliment to Jaire at corner.  I hope Stokes returns to form.

I like what Rich Bisaccia has done with our ST but Crosby's leg isn't what it once was.  Nixon has been a revelation so I hope we keep him around.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Cincy has a great safety, I think his name is Bates, playing on a franchise tag.  And they seem to have drafted his replacement.  But that is going to be very, very costly.

I put together a contract for him in my mock offseason. We'll be able to find a way to sign him or one of the other top safeties if we want to. 

44 minutes ago, Pugger said:

We might not have to worry about Rodgers.  There is a chance he'll retire.  If he wants to keep playing is there a GM willing to make a deal for a 40 year old QB at his salary?  I suspect he will be our starter in 2023 if he doesn't hand up his cleats.

Draft (or trade/sign) another WR or 2.  I like Watson and Doubs but Cobb is well past his prime.  Lazard is a nice guy to have around doing the dirty work but isn't a #1.

Draft (or trade/sign) a speedy TE.  Our TE group does not put fear in any defenses in this league.

Draft a tackle.  Nijman isn't the answer and Tom is better suited inside.  Better depth on the OL would be a plus too.

It is truly time to give Barry his walking papers.  Too often he doesn't put his players in position to be successful.  This unit is too talented to be playing like this.

Getting another speedy ILB would be nice to go with Campbell.  

Amos is getting long in the tooth and we need a compliment to Jaire at corner.  I hope Stokes returns to form.

I like what Rich Bisaccia has done with our ST but Crosby's leg isn't what it once was.  Nixon has been a revelation so I hope we keep him around.

If a billionaire can chose this haircut maybe he’ll give up #7 for Rodgers and make it work somehow lol

gettyimages-1407403555-594x594-1.jpg?w=5

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Isn't ARs salary to other teams after a trade actually pretty decent?

Only if we activate his option to pay his entire roster bonus before trading him. But then we'd be required to make him a post-June 1st trade and spread $99m in dead cap over two seasons while getting no 2023 draft picks.

If we trade him before activating his option, it's a $40m dead cap hit in 2023 and then no money ever again.

• Like 1