What are some things the Packers could/should do in the 2023 off season?

svp

53 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Rodgers still signed that extension knowing Adams and MVS were on the way out the door.  If Lazard, Cobb and Lewis leave Rodgers might still stay if he feels Gute and company are surrounding him with enough talent.  IMO Rodgers is traded if HE desires it.  

I think we can all agree on that. I do think it's time to force his hand though. Tell him, we're going with Love, and we can either trade you, you can retire or be a backup. Pick one! 

49 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think we can all agree on that. I do think it's time to force his hand though. Tell him, we're going with Love, and we can either trade you, you can retire or be a backup. Pick one! 

This has to be the front office's approach. Publicly say you love him. Privately tell him that this team is in a late-cycle economy and that keeping him while building a winner over the next two seasons is a tall order.

14 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kirk was 7.6 million this year and had 1100 yards and 8 TDs.  That is pretty good.

Now, next season he counts 23 million against the cap, and that is a different story.  All he needs to do to equal that production per dollar is 3330 yards and 22 TDs.

Yeah, that's going to be pretty tough to live up to. 

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

We fans and a lot of media types think it is time but do Gute and company agree?  If they do one way they can encourage him to a trade is to tell him we are going into a major rebuild.  He doesn't want to be a part of that and I don't blame him.  We shall see come March.

On 1/22/2023 at 5:19 AM, Pugger said:

GB isn't going to ask Rodgers to retire.  That has to be his decision.  If he wants to continue to play - and I have a feeling he does - Packers' management will either welcome him with open arms or approach him with the idea of a trade.  I suspect it is going to be the former.

Was more a case of saying that either via retirement or trade, Green Bay needs to tell Rodgers they are moving on. Rodgers then makes the call on whether he wants to play on and be traded or if he wants to retire

2 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

Was more a case of saying that either via retirement or trade, Green Bay needs to tell Rodgers they are moving on. Rodgers then makes the call on whether he wants to play on and be traded or if he wants to retire

I just don't envision management telling him straight out that they are moving on.  If they want to move on they'll probably tell him they are going into a rebuild mode and that should encourage AR to request a trade if Rodgers wants to continue playing.