What are some things the Packers could/should do in the 2023 off season?

svp

Frenchy apparently lacks balls, so Gute needs to grow some and get involved in the coaching assistant decision making.

It’s too bad Murphy’s boss doesn’t hold him accountable, but it’s hard for group think to make logical decisions.  

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

LaFleur already saying he wasn't making any coaching staff changes + Gute's presser today + this from Rapoport has me completely resigned to the fact that the Packers really are just gonna "run it back" again next year for another season of NFL purgatory.

Well Rodgers and the team already met before MLF and Gute pressers.  Maybe he's had enough and they are saying this so that he is indeed going out on his own terms.  Conspiracy theory in me.  It doesn't matter what they say only what they do.  I'll be disappointed if they try to run it back again.  Haven't watched either presser yet.  Have to check it out and see if I can get a read on it.  If they try to run it back with similiar results that is also a risk.  Another losing season and in cap hell could get Gute fired.  MLF would be on the hot seat as well.  I'll just chill until we get some news.  As far as 2023 no matter what decision they make we will not be contenders.  Going with Rodgers is just guaranteeing we won't win in 2024 either.  Way I look at it anyway. 

Edited by Scoremore

31 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well Rodgers and the team already met before MLF and Gute pressers.  Maybe he's had enough and they are saying this so that he is indeed going out on his own terms.  Conspiracy theory in me.  It doesn't matter what they say only what they do.  I'll be disappointed if they try to run it back again.  Haven't watched either presser yet.  Have to check it out and see if I can get a read on it.  If they try to run it back with similiar results that is also a risk.  Another losing season and in cap hell could get Gute fired.  MLF would be on the hot seat as well.  I'll just chill until we get some news.  As far as 2023 no matter what decision they make we will not be contenders.  Going with Rodgers is just guaranteeing we won't win in 2024 either.  Way I look at it anyway. 

Gute isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He will get atleast one more QB. Whether it's Love or another first round QB.

12 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Yeah, I don't think Murphy is capable of firing anybody. 

We've been in the mix for 4 straight years. Don't know why people think Gute is gonna get fired when we've been one of the most successful teams over that period. People on this forum act like it's easy to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StatKing said:

We've been in the mix for 4 straight years. Don't know why people think Gute is gonna get fired when we've been one of the most successful teams over that period. People on this forum act like it's easy to make the playoffs.

It is easy to make the playoffs if your QB is as good as you say he is.

10 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Think Gute has done a really good job overall.  Aaron's contract was a mistake in hinesight.  Willing to give him a pass on that.  Doubling down on that mistake well that's a different story.  GB doesn't tolerate losing very well.  Another down season or even worse than this year think they'll make changes.  Do I think Gute will lose his job?  Probably not. Another sub .500 season with Rodgers at the helm well?  The question will be raised.  MLF will find himself on the hotseat as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Yah well that's the problem isn't it.  Rodgers has lost it.  Lost his arm and his legs.  Clearly regressed.  Not just the thumb either.  Legs legs legs.  First thing to go.  I mean it's pretty damn obvious but no one talks about it.  It won't get better next year either.  Rodgers is done.  Hung on a year too long.  We aren't going to win it all with him so what's the point of dragging it out another year?  Packers Superbowl window has closed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Think Gute has done a really good job overall.  Aaron's contract was a mistake in hinesight.  Willing to give him a pass on that.  Doubling down on that mistake well that's a different story.  GB doesn't tolerate losing very well.  Another down season or even worse than this year think they'll make changes.  Do I think Gute will lose his job?  Probably not. Another sub .500 season with Rodgers at the helm well?  The question will be raised.  MLF will find himself on the hotseat as well. 

Gute won't but MLF keeping Joe Barry and keeping the continuity of the 2022 team the same for 2023 will get him on the hot seat and fast. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah well that's the problem isn't it.  Rodgers has lost it.  Lost his arm and his legs.  Clearly regressed.  Not just the thumb either.  Legs legs legs.  First thing to go.  I mean it's pretty damn obvious but no one talks about it.  It won't get better next year either.  Rodgers is done.  Hung on a year too long.  We aren't going to win it all with him so what's the point of dragging it out another year?  Packers Superbowl window has closed. 

Rodgers' focus on his physical preparation during the offseason is a sizeable concern for me.  How dedicated he is to fundamentals, leg and core strengthening?

His rebound in 2020/2021 was related to a re- commitment to those aspects.  The grind of the season from late July to January is 1 thing, the willingness to be logging the hours needed from March to late July is a bigger piece.   Once contemplating retirement,  those March to July months get harder to do at a level needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers' focus on his physical preparation during the offseason is a sizeable concern for me.  How dedicated he is to fundamentals, leg and core strengthening?

His rebound in 2020/2021 was related to a re- commitment to those aspects.  The grind of the season from late July to January is 1 thing, the willingness to be logging the hours needed from March to late July is a bigger piece.   Once contemplating retirement,  those March to July months get harder to do at a level needed.

So much this. Since it looks like we're running it back anyway, we have to ask - are the legs gone because he's older, or did he spend all offseason doing a victory lap after signing that contract?

He'd better be in "optional" TAs this year. Better be doing sprints and squats all offseason.

And Rodgers just might! Maybe missing the playoffs and having his legacy questioned is exactly what he needs to get the fire going again. We've all seen him do it before - remember when we thought he was toast three seasons ago?

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

We have the worst weapons in the entire league for pass catchers and it's not that close. Jones is elite until it matters and Watson will be a stud. Doubs could be solid but he fell on his face when we need him most. This all falls on the GM. Not using picks to get proven players at wr or te was something we needed since gute took over. He failed miserably at that.

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

A really good job overall. Please explain how. He's hit on some first rounders and lineman but he's been horrible with situational drafting and hasn't been able to draft/trade or sign a TE or WR (excluding Watson finally taking a wr talent high) 

Got cute with center by taking the first off the board, just one no one had ranked that high to give the chiefs an all pro for the next decade. He's not even a top half of the league center. 

2020 draft is one of the worst we've ever had. Savage 5th year option the list goes on and on. He'd be gone if we had an actual owner.

Defense has been mediocre at best with all the draft capital we've spent there. The weapons on offense are non existent aside from Watson. If the clown makes one trade or drafts a real TE or WR  in 2020 we have at least one ring. 

I can't wait for he and Rob Pelinka give there masterclass. How to sink a title window in 10 easy steps.