What are some things the Packers could/should do in the 2023 off season?

svp

2 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

If you think that's bad wait for 2022 Redux (aka 2023). Win another 7-8 games, get a meh pick with no playoffs AND maybe even alienate Love enough that he leaves before we get to really watch him. So exciting.

All the **** that the super duper wise old people here told me would happen if we let AR leave, is happening, and I'm here for it, while trying not to cry.

• Like 1

So looking at Over The Cap, the Packers are about ($14,599,919) over the cap.

Gutekunst put a wry smile of saying we're gonna restructure guys, these are the reported cap savings of restructuring...

Aaron Jones - $10.8M

Kenny Clark - $10.9M

David Bakhtiari - $7.8M

Jaire Alexander - $9.3M

Preston Smith - $6.6M

De'Vondre Campbell - $2.7M

Rasul Douglas - $2.2M

TOTAL: $50.3M

• Like 1

Just now, FAH1223 said:

Gutekunst put a wry smile of saying we're gonna restructure guys, these are the reported cap savings of restructuring...

Aaron Jones - $10.8M

Kenny Clark - $10.9M

David Bakhtiari - $7.8M

Jaire Alexander - $9.3M

Preston Smith - $6.6M

Rasul Douglas - $2.2M

Alexander and Clark are the 2 easy choices.  Campbell and Douglas don't add much, so should only be used if needed to secure a key piece.

Bahktiari injury+ age should be restructured more as a last resort.

Preston is probably not worth a restructure at his age and production 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Aaron Jones - $10.8M

Kenny Clark - $10.9M

David Bakhtiari - $7.8M

Jaire Alexander - $9.3M

Preston Smith - $6.6M

Rasul Douglas - $2.2M

Love it or hate it we will be going all in again. I see most of this happening. Maybe they even go for Hopkins too? Who knows.

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

Alexander and Clark are the 2 easy choices.  Campbell and Douglas don't add much, so should only be used if needed to secure a key piece.

Bahktiari injury+ age should be restructured more as a last resort.

Preston is probably not worth a restructure at his age and production 

What about #33? He basically said he'll be back but I doubt at that current number.

Rashan Gary has a nearly $11M cap number than can be lowered if they extend him but they'd have to be confident in his recovery.

6 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

What about #33? He basically said he'll be back but I doubt at that current number.

Didn't love that contract when it was done.  Similar to Bahktiari/Preston,  I'd be hesitant to restructure it, maybe part of it and hope to ride Jones into the ground in 2023.

6 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Rashan Gary has a nearly $11M cap number than can be lowered if they extend him but they'd have to be confident in his recovery.

So hard to figure what his contract might be coming off injury.  Gary might do a short deal to get some more now and get a little security or he could play on the 5th year and look to get a bigger deal in FA next offseason 

• Like 1