2023 Offseason Thread

Superduperman

52 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions reportedly interested in Courtland Sutton. Wonder what the compensation would be. 

I'd be all for that.  I think it will be conditional.  Like a 5th this year and a 3rd next year that can turn into a 2 if he gets like 800 rec yards.  

I might even be ok with our second two and a late pick back.

58 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I'd be all for that.  I think it will be conditional.  Like a 5th this year and a 3rd next year that can turn into a 2 if he gets like 800 rec yards.  

I have zero interest in giving up our 2d round picks.  The strength of this draft runs from Round 2 to mid-round 3.  There are too many good players that will be available.  His best season was in 2019.  Since then he as been on a bit of a downward trend.  That is not the type of player for which you give up 2d-round draft pick.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SuttCo00.htm

Edited by Just Want A Title
Forgot something
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

I think they’d need to give me a pick to take him at that cap number. 

I'm very confident that Aaron Rodgers will be a Jet, BUT. Hypothetically, would you be happy with flipping #6 for #13, #42, #112? I think that as it stands currently I'll be happy with trading down if Anderson isn't there at #6.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm very confident that Aaron Rodgers will be a Jet, BUT. Hypothetically, would you be happy with flipping #6 for #13, #42, #112? I think that as it stands currently I'll be happy with trading down if Anderson isn't there at #6.

I'd be completely fine with it.

16 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Trading back to 13 is a bit far but not unreasonable at this point.  There may be a lot of players remaining on the board at 6with similar grades.  There will still be good CB and DE prospects on the board at 13.  Getting 42 an 112 would be a good pick-up for the Lions.  I think the Lions would be open to something like this but shouldn't pass on a player who is truly elite.  Personally, if Christian Gonzalez is on the board when they pick at 6 they should be running to the podium.

12 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Trading back to 13 is a bit far but not unreasonable at this point.  There may be a lot of players remaining on the board at 6with similar grades.  There will still be good CB and DE prospects on the board at 13.  Getting 42 an 112 would be a good pick-up for the Lions.  I think the Lions would be open to something like this but shouldn't pass on a player who is truly elite.  Personally, if Christian Gonzalez is on the board when they pick at 6 they should be running to the podium.

Gonzalez will be there at 6.

That said...Stroud, Young, Anderson, Richardson, Gonzalez...

Carter, Witherspoon, Johnson, Jones, Murphy, Wilson...law of averages says of one these guys is there at 13. Levis and Skoronski (who I don't really like) will probably be off the board and push another guy down as well. A WR might be off the board too. The Lions might even have an eye on Van Ness or Nolan Smith, or maybe they like Witherspoon more than Gonzalez and are being quiet about it. Those extra picks might enable the Lions to trade up for another of these guys who falls later in the round. 

TL;DR B+

err 13 seems like about as late a spot to trade down to and not really lose much if any player value.

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

Interesting news on DJ Chark.  Maybe the Lions were hesitant to sign him due to the ongoing issues with his ankle.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/28/frank-reich-d-j-chark-recently-had-ankle-surgery/

I figured something was up when he was posting physical therapy on social media. 

19 hours ago, Miblue said:

Apparently Calais Campbell visited the lions today 

Verified on twitter. Thought it was interesting during Holmes’ interview that he said they weren’t done in free agency and could still add someone pre-draft. I think they might actually get this done. Probably a 1 yr deal.