2023 Offseason Thread

Superduperman

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Could, but don’t necessarily need to. 

It seems like the team has the intention on doing so. They were in on Foster Moreau prior to him being diagnosed with cancer and someone had commented how they essentially said they would be looking to add to the room. It was maybe the POD cast I was listening to this morning. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/04/14/detroit-lions-tight-ends-james-mitchell-steve-heiden/70112799007/

This is also one of the deepest TE classes in a while, so to stand pat and not upgrade at the position would be foolish. 

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It seems like the team has the intention on doing so. They were in on Foster Moreau prior to him being diagnosed with cancer and someone had commented how they essentially said they would be looking to add to the room. It was maybe the POD cast I was listening to this morning. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/04/14/detroit-lions-tight-ends-james-mitchell-steve-heiden/70112799007/

This is also one of the deepest TE classes in a while, so to stand pat and not upgrade at the position would be foolish. 

Oh, they absolutely could, but it's not a need. IDL, backup QB, LB, K are needs. What I think is great about how Holmes has created this current roster is that everything is a possibility. 

5 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Oh, they absolutely could, but it's not a need. IDL, backup QB, LB, K are needs. What I think is great about how Holmes has created this current roster is that everything is a possibility. 

ur opinion. Id say RG and TE are right there with IDL and CB as most important. 

IDL

CB

BACKUP QB NOT HENDON HOOKER

RG

LB/TE

K

Is how id rank it. 

8 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Trey Lance is possibly on the block. Would you trade a Day 2 pick for him?

I would want to understand why the 49ers would be willing to move off of him this quickly. I know Purdy played really well last year but what is the disadvantage of having both of these guys on the roster? 

Depending on the cost, it's something I would consider but I'd probably just draft Anthony Richardson at 6. 

• Age - Lance (22); Richardson (20)
  • College Starts - Lance (19); Richardson (22)
  • Attempts - Lance (318); Richardson (393)
  • Competition - Lance (FCS); Richardson (SEC)
  • Contract - Lance (2Y + 5th Year); Richardson (4Y + 5th Year)
  • 2023 Cap Hit - Lance ($9M); Richardson ($5M*)
  • NFL Snaps (PS+REG) - Lance (102); Richardson (0)
  • NFL Training Camps - Lance (2); Richardson (0)

When Lance has been on the field he has a sub 50% completion rate. 

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

It is tough to figure out what his trade value would be at this point.  His draft status doesn't mean much.  He does have a lot of tools to work with but it hasn't translated to consistent high-level play.  I could see him netting a Day 3 pick this year and a conditional future pick.

17 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

It is tough to figure out what his trade value would be at this point.  His draft status doesn't mean much.  He does have a lot of tools to work with but it hasn't translated to consistent high-level play.  I could see him netting a Day 3 pick this year and a conditional future pick.

So I think Houston is really going to decide the draft here.

If they traded for Lance, they take Will Anderson. I could see Anthony Richardson fall to us at 6.

If they don't trade for Lance, I think they take Stroud. I could see Will Anderson fall to us at 6.

Win/win depending on who you ask.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, General Tso said:

Not day 2, but I'd trade a 5th for him. He's only due $9 million over the next two years for the team that trades for him, but despite Holmes being high on him pre-draft, he's done nothing to merit anything more. He's basically Anthony Richardson but two years older.

12 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

ur opinion. Id say RG and TE are right there with IDL and CB as most important. 

IDL

CB

BACKUP QB NOT HENDON HOOKER

RG

LB/TE

K

Is how id rank it. 

Actually based on the comments made by Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell regarding the roster. 

With the Jamo news I feel like most people are thinking the Lions combat this by selecting a WR.  I think that would be a mistake.  This WR class is pretty weak overall I think the best way to over come being down in our WR core is to load up on the OLINE and maximize our Run Game.  I think that is a better use of resources.

• Like 1

I don't think they'll overreact and take a WR high just to take one. But, I was already thinking they may take one as high as round 2. They need that X receiver of the future, and Jamo wasn't it anyway, he could be the best deep threat in the league but he's not that #1 outside guy, we all know that.

The sad thing is, if the Lions do that, it'll be a big hoopla that they did it because of Jamo.  Not that all the talk matters anyway but it'll annoy me.

One thing I can say for sure is that the Lions will probably bring in at least a couple of UDFA WRs. They need guys to fill in those training camp spots. I'm sure we'll see return appearances by Tom Kennedy and Trinity Benson too.