2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

17 hours ago, Forge said:

Believe that he has now interviewed with over half the league 

Worth noting because it does seem a bit too much to be coincidental: Since Eric Bienemy became one of the du jour HC candidates (supposedly), all three other teams in the Chiefs' division have had HC vacancies, but (at least not that I can remember), did any other them even request permission to interview him, much less interview him?

I don't like giving Spanos and Mark Davis credit for much of anything, but this does seem a bit peculiar, doesn't it?

22 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

McVay is staying

I guess the spotlight shines bright on McCarthy. I think the Sean Payton domino will fall depending on the outcome of MNF

If they lose does it Matter how? Let’s say they lose 23-20 to the Bucs does he still get fired?

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Worth noting because it does seem a bit too much to be coincidental: Since Eric Bienemy became one of the du jour HC candidates (supposedly), all three other teams in the Chiefs' division have had HC vacancies, but (at least not that I can remember), did any other them even request permission to interview him, much less interview him?

I don't like giving Spanos and Mark Davis credit for much of anything, but this does seem a bit peculiar, doesn't it?

The Broncos interviewed him last year

On 1/12/2023 at 1:06 PM, CP3MVP said:

Yeah with better PR. Which is hilarious because the convo is him elevating a team that chokes in the playoffs(cowboys) and then people Ignore the saints choking from 2017-2020

Not sure if it's choking per say, or just bad luck, but you're not wrong. I don't think there's another team that can boast as many heartbreaking playoff defeats as the Saints did under Payton. Minneapolis Miracle. Beast Quake. The PI No Call. The list just goes on....

2 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Not sure if it's choking per say, or just bad luck, but you're not wrong. I don't think there's another team that can boast as many heartbreaking playoff defeats as the Saints did under Payton. Minneapolis Miracle. Beast Quake. The PI No Call. The list just goes on....

Couldn't happen to a better team

• Like 1

Coach A

155 wins 97 losses in the regular season

10 wins 9 losses in the playoffs 

1 Super Bowl win

Coach B

152 Wins 89 losses in the regular season 

9 Wins 8 Losses in the playoffs

1 Super Bowl win

One of these coaches is gonna have to be traded for a first round draft pick and more and is held as this great coach by media people the other is badly talked about and potentially get fired if his team doesn’t advance far enough into the playoffs and his replacement could be coach B who is basically the same damn coach 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Not sure if it's choking per se, or just bad luck, but you're not wrong. I don't think there's another team that can boast as many heartbreaking playoff defeats as the Saints did under Payton. Minneapolis Miracle. Beast Quake. The PI No Call. The list just goes on....

none of those were the fault of Payton. People remember the Beast quake like it was a Marshall Lynch techmo Super Bowl moment…when in reality the Saints were desperately trying to strip the ball from him the entire play. The Saints lose that game if they don’t strip Marshawn Lynch in that play. The Minnesota miracle was the biggest individual choke in NFL history…not exactly sure that one is Payton’s fault…this one is 100% on Marcus Williams. The no-call is among the biggest blunders in NFL officiating history…again, not exactly sure how that’s Payton’s fault. You’ve illustrated three excellent reasons why Payton got burnt out and quit football…three very good examples of how difficult life has been for Saints fans the past decade in spite of some success…but none of that was Payton’s fault. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1