2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

4 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Why would Monken leave what he’s doing to wanna be on a staff where everyone knows the HC is getting fired next year lol 

Whatever happen to HC will not affect Monken's resume.  If there is an opportunity he likes to try he should go for it.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Monken did quite well the last time he was in TB. I think he prefers not to be a HC, just a guess, as he quit his job at USM.

To be fair, it's USM and Dirk Koetter was expected to thrive in Tampa post-Lovie Smith while people were still really high on Jameis. To boot, Chip Lindsay was off to ASU, so Monken was looking at rebuilding his staff after practically rebuilding the program. Jay Hopson did an admirable job taking the reins and keeping it going, but I can see why Monken would bite at an NFL chance given the circumstances at the time. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Whatever happen to HC will not affect Monken's resume.  If there is an opportunity he likes to try he should go for it.

But why though? He can get better gigs than the 2023 bucs job 

I believe there is like 9 openings now

Edited by CP3MVP

I read Sean Payton wants 20-25mil a year, the only other HC contract I can think of somewhat recently is Gruden 10y/100mil which everyone hated. Is there any comps for 20+ mil a year? Is this him just making crazy demands because the opening he wanted isn't available so he is asking for TV money? I don't pay attention to college coach money, but they don't make that range either right? Like this is a legit 2x premium coach money right? Or is 20-25mil for the entirety of his staff or something along those lines?

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I read Sean Payton wants 20-25mil a year, the only other HC contract I can think of somewhat recently is Gruden 10y/100mil which everyone hated. Is there any comps for 20+ mil a year? Is this him just making crazy demands because the opening he wanted isn't available so he is asking for TV money? I don't pay attention to college coach money, but they don't make that range either right? Like this is a legit 2x premium coach money right? Or is 20-25mil for the entirety of his staff or something along those lines?

Top College coaches are around 10mil/yr and actually it's around the same in the NFL, unless your name is Sean McVay who gets 15+

So yes, it's 2x premium coach money which no one in their right mind would give....unless you are the Walmarts 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

No way I'd give him that. 

He's a good HC, not a great one. And even a great one, I'd balk at those numbers. 

7 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Justin Herbert, elite QB, everyone around him should be fired whenever he falters: 25 total tds 13 turnovers

Justin Fields, awful QB, should be replaced: 25 total tds 13 turnovers 

funny how that shakes out 🤔 

Herbert is good, but my goodness is he ridiculously overrated by some. His ceiling is still in the top 4 or 5 easily, but his floor is lower than some are willing to admit (albeit it's still a fairly high floor in the grand scheme of things). 

And he's not particularly often playing at his ceiling with consistency yet. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Justin Herbert, elite QB, everyone around him should be fired whenever he falters: 25 total tds 13 turnovers

Justin Fields, awful QB, should be replaced: 25 total tds 13 turnovers 

funny how that shakes out 🤔 

He gets the benefit of the doubt this year given his rib injury.