2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

The Colts interviewing 10+ quality candidates to end up back at Saturday would be comical.

I also think Sean Payton’s going to end up being left out when this year’s coaching carousel is over.

Left out? Only if he continues to hold out for the Dallas job if they win today. He could hand pick any opening he wanted right now but none are #1 on his list. 

People can pretend otherwise all they want.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Left out? Only if he continues to hold out for the Dallas job if they win today. He could hand pick any opening he wanted right now but none are #1 on his list. 

Yeah I think left out is the wrong phrase(unless he really is asking for 20-25m a year) but I think he wants very specific jobs and those jobs all have established QBs to some level. I don't think he wants a rookie QB or a so so Qb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Maybe left out isn’t the right phrase. It just seems between the reports of him asking for a crazy contract and the Saints reported asking price for him, he won’t be hired this year. That’s all I meant.

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You can scratch Spanos’ Chargers off the list as well, and that’d be his next preferred spot.

While he’s a hot commodity, his priorities aren’t matching the openings.

In the end, I suspect he’ll land somewhere else late in the cycle.