2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

We should start seeing some HC & OC hires soon i'd presume? 

Demeco Ryans & Shane Steichen are the only guys unable to be hired at this point. Haven't heard about anyone from the Chiefs or Bengals getting HC looks this offseason. 

I think the dominoes will start to fall this week 

45 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Can you or @jrry32tell me more about Thomas? It feels like Staley is primarily looking at the McVay tree versus anyone from Kyle’s tree. Not sure if that’s bad or not.

Has done a good job in spite of injuries with our RB room and was assigned to the TE room before the season to try to get him a bit more experience by McVay. When Samples didn't quite work out for the Rams replacing him and going back to college Brown did double duty and that was when Akers had a resurgence in the second half. 

He's a very well respected coach by the players on offense and McVay seems to have been grooming him for a while now. A lot of us think he'd be a great OC for us but tbh McVay has never promoted internally for OC that he seems to replace yearly so we expect to lose him. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I believe same rules apply.   So next Monday is the all-clear for in-person interviews with the 2 weeks for SB.

I’m just a little perturbed that Staley isn’t looking at more people from the Eagles and Niners for the OC vacancy. Instead it’s been mostly Rams and Vikings.

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Has done a good job in spite of injuries with our RB room and was assigned to the TE room before the season to try to get him a bit more experience by McVay. When Samples didn't quite work out for the Rams replacing him and going back to college Brown did double duty and that was when Akers had a resurgence in the second half. 

He's a very well respected coach by the players on offense and McVay seems to have been grooming him for a while now. A lot of us think he'd be a great OC for us but tbh McVay has never promoted internally for OC that he seems to replace yearly so we expect to lose him. 

I also didn’t realize Thomas had so much experience at the college and professional level, and that he was also a former college OC. He’s my choice of all the Rams interview then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I’m just a little perturbed that Staley isn’t looking at more people from the Eagles and Niners for the OC vacancy. Instead it’s been mostly Rams and Vikings.

For a guy who had to fire the guy who brought him along early in his career  (Lombardi) you’d think he’s learned to not mix friendship and work so tightly.   Robinson would address the run game but it’s hard not to wonder if he’s going back to the LA familiarity angle rather than cast the widest net possible to find the right guy.   I like Robinson FWIW but more speaking in general terms.  

Edited by Broncofan

40 minutes ago, Xenos said:

There's nobody to take from the niners, tbh. A lot of the staff is new this year. 

• Like 2