2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Other than McVay retiring & McCarthy being replaced with Payton if they go 1 & done, it seems like every other head coach is safe for now

Yeah, feels like there's less turnover this year compared to most years.

Also could see Bowles being fired if Tampa doesn't do much in the playoffs.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So... Nick Caserio seriously might be fired between now and the draft.

Not saying that it isn't deserved, but there is a lot of weird stuff going on right now in Houston. 

He said he would be willing to step away if the new coach wanted like 5 times during his press conference lol 

Things are definitely not sitting pretty for him 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I don't get it....why not just start fresh?

I think that's what's possibly going on here. From a simple coaching firing to a complete dismantling of the current structure.

This team won seven games over the last two years, so everything is on the table. Nobody should be safe.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He said he would be willing to step away if the new coach wanted like 5 times during his press conference lol 

Things are definitely not sitting pretty for him 

He'll end up somewhere (all of Belly's misfit kids return eventually - Caserio, Bill O'Brien and Jack Easterby are probably going to return soon). But there's a really good possibility that Cal pays another half million to Korn Ferry to get a list of GM candidates - let's hope he actually listens to the consulting firm this go-round.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:
So... Nick Caserio seriously might be fired between now and the draft.

Not saying that it isn't deserved, but there is a lot of weird stuff going on right now in Houston. 

Weren’t you all aboard the Caserio train?

23 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Weren’t you all aboard the Caserio train?

I like Caserio - I really do - but sometimes, you just have to wipe the slate clean. 

Caserio is a product of Jack Easterby, who himself is a product of Bill O’Brien - so have you really wiped the BoB era clean with this twice removed member of the era still around?

If you’re going to do it, go all out. Clean cap, war chest of picks, QBOTF likely available at 2 - start something new instead of building on a broken foundation, yknow?

• Like 1