2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I think a lot of the problem has been the GM hire and that guy getting up to speed with candidates who were already getting hired elsewhere.

It definitely isn’t ideal to hire a GM and HC at the same time. But it seems like they were pretty fixated on a defensive minded coach, 8/11 of the candidates they brought in had defensive backgrounds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Fangio has been consulting with the Eagles all year. I don’t know why the top reporters decided it was new information. 
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/10/10/23397056/eagles-vic-fangio-nfl-rumors-news-source-report-jonathan-gannon-defensive-coordinator-philadelphia

Fangio was 0-6 against the Chiefs and they allowed 28 ppg 

59 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Panthers loading up their coaches 

Hell yeah.  This is shaping up to be a very good, experienced staff on both sides of the ball.  We still have to decide on an OC too.  

Looks like he'll report directly to Reich and help with all three phases.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I believe you already posted that fact. It still doesn’t explain why the reporters decided it was new information right before the superbowl.

Probably because he was hired by the Dolphins as DC, then went BACK to Philly just for this assignment. Plus, his work with the Eagles was kept quiet all year wasn't it?

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

Probably because he was hired by the Dolphins as DC, then went BACK to Philly just for this assignment. Plus, his work with the Eagles was kept quiet all year wasn't it?

I posted a link above that we knew about it in October. Everyone finishes up the year before moving to a new job. Here is a link that he was there for training camp. 
https://insidetheiggles.com/2022/08/01/vic-fangio-visits-eagles-training-camp/

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It definitely isn’t ideal to hire a GM and HC at the same time. But it seems like they were pretty fixated on a defensive minded coach, 8/11 of the candidates they brought in had defensive backgrounds. 

Yeah, although I suppose the hot candidates outside of Ryans were offense guys. It probably makes sense then, to look at who the premium defensive guys would be. That’s outside of them just wanting to get away from having an offensive head coach because it didn’t work.