2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

6 hours ago, GW21 said:

I’m in love with this. I’m going to start employing that technique in my work meetings. Shzue shzue shzue shzue shzue.

When Lou Anarumo sees this, he will no doubt incorporate that into his next interview.  Which will be good for us, since no one else would buy it.

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Railroaded, 👌.  Your offense scored 4pts less then the Eagles. Mahomes and that Offense was held to a little over a 100yds and 1 TD in the first 1/2. 

Unfortunately it was a tale of two 1/2's where our DC got completely out coached in the 2nd 1/2 by Andy Reid.  Shocker that could possibly occur vs a HOF HC with Pat Mahomes at QB, I know? 

This over rated Defense was 1 extra possession or 1 less holding penalty away from winning the SB. 

Detroit was week 1 

Dak was vs Minshew and 4 TO

Rodgers, Rodgers!

Mahomes,  Mahomes!

Detroit was week 1, so I guess that doesn't matter for this season.

Yeah, Hurts wasn't playing vs Dallas, but they still gave up a ton of points.

I don't get the "they held Mahomes to X in the superbowl..." Did you see the time of possession? The Eagles offense is what limited Mahomes because he barely had the ball. When Mahomes had the ball, the Eagles defense put up very little resistance.

Also, yeah the offense scored four less points. The thing is, the Chiefs, with all their rookies in the secondary, wasn't being compared to all-time great defenses all season. The Eagles defense not only did nothing, but their DC got out schemed so hard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, showtime said:

The Eagles defense not only did nothing, but their DC got out schemed so hard.

Context matters. The Eagles Defense basically gave up 24pts during 99% of the game. A TO-DTD and trying to stop Pat Mahomes 1st and goal from the 4 yd line after that 65 yd PR, even the 85' Bears might of had problems doing, let's be real. That's not on the Eagles Defense. It's basically 2 Eagles TO's on offense!

Yes Gannon as I've already eluded to got completely out coached in the 2nd 1/2. In opportune penalties and missed tackles sure doesn't help when facing that HC/QB Tandem.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:45 AM, Chiefer said:

Just funny to me how a guy like Gannon who’s had one year of success and coasted on a talented roster can get a HC job after losing a SB, but Bienemy who’s been the OC of a two time SB winner has to settle for an OC position in Washington. 

The Cardinals are the same organization that hired Kliff AFTER he got fired by Texas Tech and was set to be the OC at USC. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

How is Brian Griese regarded in SF? Started his career under Mike Shanahan and now coaching under his son, I wasn't sure how much credit he is being given for Purdy playing so well.

Jimmy was playing his best ball before going down and we all saw what Purdy did. I think he deserves a lot of credit. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If he gets credit for Purdy does he catch any flack for Lance?

I don’t know that we’ve seen enough from Lance tbh. A monsoon game then he broke his ankle. 

Side note, I’m pretty sure that Kyle said that Griese and another guy on our staff were the people that got Purdy on his radar prior to the draft and pushed for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

How is Brian Griese regarded in SF? Started his career under Mike Shanahan and now coaching under his son, I wasn't sure how much credit he is being given for Purdy playing so well.

I was pretty happy with his performance, but it's hard to say because how much influence does a QB coach really have, you know? Scang was no longer well regarded at all. Jimmy was playing his best ball as a 49er probably (his INT rate had dropped considerably, but that could have just been some deviation) 

It is worth noting that Griese (and Kubiak) were the ones who scouted and advocated for drafting Brock Purdy. That wasn't a Shanahan move. They were given a list of like 10 or 15 QBs to evaluate and they advocated for taking Purdy. 

• Like 1