2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

12 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I don’t know that we’ve seen enough from Lance tbh. A monsoon game then he broke his ankle. 

Side note, I’m pretty sure that Kyle said that Griese and another guy on our staff were the people that got Purdy on his radar prior to the draft and pushed for him.

It was Griese and Kubiak 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Forge said:

It was Griese and Kubiak 

Well, it was Steve Slowik first who scouted him. But yeah Griese and Kubiak were also where instrumental in the 49ers taking him. 

Lynch credits 49ers scout Steve Slowik for first putting his eyes on Purdy during his junior year at Iowa State. San Francisco actually had higher grades on Purdy entering the 2021 NFL Draft before he decided to return to the Cyclones for a fourth season.

Edited by 49erurtaza

23 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Well, it was Steve Slowik first who scouted him. But yeah Griese and Kubiak were also where instrumental in the 49ers taking him. 

Lynch credits 49ers scout Steve Slowik for first putting his eyes on Purdy during his junior year at Iowa State. San Francisco actually had higher grades on Purdy entering the 2021 NFL Draft before he decided to return to the Cyclones for a fourth season.

Well he's the area scout. The scouts should always be the first to see someone I would hope. 

Griese and kubiak were then the ones who did the staff evaluations and then made the big push to draft him. Not sure what role slowik had there or if his role is done at evals