Should the Redskins bring in Ray Ray Armstrong for a tryout at ILB

turtle28

Probably would help - cost maybe a half million or so. Injuries have killed their cap though, down to $3.5M with a third of the season left. I just don't know that the FO would spend anything on a position that they think they're pretty much OK with depth-wise, considering current injuries plus whatever else may rear it's ugly head. Not a bad idea, I just don't think they'll do it but you never know. Possibly if they cut a/some guys they've added (since game 1 of the regular season) that aren't guaranteed. Could happen though.

Just found out he's a vested vet so that changes thing up a bit. Based on if he's signed for 6 games, which is what most teams have left - 

His minimum salary is $775k @ year (6 games cash is about $300k) however cap hit is based on a 2nd year rookie, $615k @ year (6 games about $230k) plus if released the team gets a rebate on the cap for the remaining games he would've played (about $40k @ game).

59 minutes ago, SeattleSkin said:

Just found out he's a vested vet so that changes thing up a bit. Based on if he's signed for 6 games, which is what most teams have left - 

His minimum salary is $775k @ year (6 games cash is about $300k) however cap hit is based on a 2nd year rookie, $615k @ year (6 games about $230k) plus if released the team gets a rebate on the cap for the remaining games he would've played (about $40k @ game).

I like what I saw out of Vigil last game in his run d. Spaight will be back I think for the Dallas game. JHC flashed a little and has a bright future I think. I just wonder if they get Ray Ray to replace Robertson.

Of course, if Spaight is back that means that Robertson is going to be cut and possibly put back on the practice squad anyways. So, in that case there isn’t room for Ray Ray unless we cut Vigil for him and based on what Vigil did vs the Giants, I don’t think that we will.

Archived