Titans OC Search 2023

KingTitan

Honestly, I just want anyone who isn't on the current staff.  We can keep some of the core concepts that work well with Tannehill and Henry (outside zone and PA passing), but we need some fresh new ideas injected into this organization.

Hoping the new GM gets to give some input, even if it's not their final decision.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Check with Todd Monken and see if he’s interested in coming back to the NFL.

todd monken is an interesting playcaller but also, lol, the UGA style of offense is called having better players than literally everyone at every position

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

todd monken is an interesting playcaller but also, lol, the UGA style of offense is called having better players than literally everyone at every position

I’ll never forget Ryan Fitzpatrick going crazy under Monken in 2018. Had the 2nd highest net yard per pass attempt of all time and an absurd 9.6 yards per attempt that year.

maybe it’ll be kelly in typical titans fashion but honestly i don’t know. vrabel has had chances to just outright make him the OC both during the offseason and in-season and declined both times. if he really wanted kelly in the spot that bad, you’d think he would’ve taken advantage of one of those opportunities.

there’s also the question of whether vrabel will wait to have the GM in place before pursuing new staff, which could change things as well.

Edited by -Hope-

I like Kelly and would be fine with him being OC, but if I'm Vrabel I send a feeler out to Gary Kubiak and see if he's interested in coming back to coaching. He's "retired", but he's been retired before and made his way back. Vrabel likes the run heavy offense and that's fine, so getting a guy like a Kubiak or another Shanahan disciple would be nice.

I have no idea what kind of play caller he'd be, but a name I'd look in to as well is Dwayne Ledford. He's Atlanta's Oline coach and has done an incredible job coaching them up this year. Falls under that Shanahan tree by virtue of coaching under Art. He does have some technical OC experience as he was Louisville's offensive coordinator in 19 and 20 and co-OC of Appalachin State in 13, 14 and 15 but that was under Scott Satterfield(both Louisville and App State) who is an offensive guy/has his own offensive system.

Just an under the radar potential option to look in to if we want to stick with the Shanahan line/Arthur Smith style of play calling, and can also potentially help knock out some of the OL issues.