Wild Card Weekend GDT: Brady v. Dak Part Deaux - Des's Birthday Bash

D82

4 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Fair point, but benching him sure as hell isn't going to help.

It helps the team, not Maher. Could he get right for next week? Possible. Unlikely. But possible. I wouldn't cut him, but I would use one of the gameday spots next week for an emergency kicker just in case.

This is the Maher that we cut a few years ago. 

Especially against a D like SF. Every kick will be crucial.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

1 minute ago, quiller said:

This is frankly his normal play...  and Washington game excluded how he mostly has played.. his only trouble has been those interceptions which have been an unusual for him in his career...

is that a fumble...   NOT A fumble.........   what happens to personal foul... 

I don't think the personal counts now. I think it depends on which "flavor" of personal foul....I think.

1 minute ago, quiller said:

This is frankly his normal play...  and Washington game excluded how he mostly has played.. his only trouble has been those interceptions which have been an unusual for him in his career...

is that a fumble...   NOT A fumble.........   what happens to personal foul... 

Exactly. Dak has had some bad games, and more specifically he's had some some pad turnovers... but he in general is a HIGH output player. Lots of yards, lots of TDs and big plays, which is exactly what we're seeing today. I genuinely think this team is built perfectly for that playstyle. I'd much rather a Dak-esque playmaker as opposed to a boring lukewarm game manger, even if it means the added interceptions and few years off my life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

You don’t stray from Maher because of one bad game. Obviously it’s been terrible at a bad time… but come on. That doesn’t erase the weapon he has been for the team.

Agreed. We're fortunate Maher is having his slump game here in a game that's already won. Cowboys should go forward and forget this performance entirely. As long as he delivers next week and afterwards, he's our kicker.