Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Ware over Freeney?

1. Ware had more sacks and way more tackles over his career.

2. Ware never got to play across from Robert Mathis who also had 123 sacks in his career.

3. Ware never got to play most of his career with Manning and a offence that allowed him to pin his ears back and rush the passer with a lead more often than not.

I will also say that I would have had Willis on my list if he had played a little longer...probably instead of Johnson.

• Like 1

Justin Fields said he got Aaron Rodgers’ number from Getsy so he can ask him questions and stuff. Assuming he goes through with that, it shows again how mature he is as a person that he’s looking to grow and doesn’t care about petty things like rivalries when an opportunity to help yourself and learn arrises. 

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Justin Fields said he got Aaron Rodgers’ number from Getsy so he can ask him questions and stuff. Assuming he goes through with that, it shows again how mature he is as a person that he’s looking to grow and doesn’t care about petty things like rivalries when an opportunity to help yourself and learn arrises. 

Ask all the football questions. Stay away from the extracurriculars

(he’s also likely to be anything other than a Packer in a few months time, so then it really doesn’t matter)

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

(he’s also likely to be anything other than a Packer in a few months time, so then it really doesn’t matter)

I mean I hate Rodgers as a person…comes across as a sleezy, pompous, self important douchebag who couldn’t care less about anyone but himself…but as a football player there is no doubt he should be respected and his knowledge would help any young QB in this scheme especially.

31 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:
1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean I hate Rodgers as a person…comes across as a sleezy, pompous, self important douchebag who couldn’t care less about anyone but himself…but as a football player there is no doubt he should be respected and his knowledge would help any young QB in this scheme especially

Perhaps he’s just looking to buy back the Bears 

I’m excited for the game for the simple fact that the end of it means the start of the offseason. 
I also don’t really care about either time. I dislike the eagles so I suppose I’d want the chiefs to win. So I bet on the eagles to win so I can’t lose either way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Bears probable to move on from Cairo Santos. Clears a few m off the books. Disappointed in him after he showed flashes of competence earlier 

He’s 77/85 on FGs (90.6%) the past 3 years following the Barth 2016 (78.3%), Barth/Nugent/(injured) Santos 2017 (72.7% collectively), Parkey 2018 (76.7%) and Pineiro 2019 (82.1%) seasons. I don’t see us getting rid of that kind of stability without an obvious upgrade.

With that said, I would fully endorse a Santos release if it means signing Matt Gay to be our kicker. He’s 74/80 on FGs (92.5%) the past 3 years and has the cannon leg that Santos lacks (71.6% career touchback % on kickoffs) that extends the scoring range. That’s a clear upgrade. He’s also 2 years younger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s 77/85 on FGs (90.6%) the past 3 years following the Barth 2016 (78.3%), Barth/Nugent/(injured) Santos 2017 (72.7% collectively), Parkey 2018 (76.7%) and Pineiro 2019 (82.1%) seasons. I don’t see us getting rid of that kind of stability without an obvious upgrade.

With that said, I would fully endorse a Santos release if it means signing Matt Gay to be our kicker. He’s 74/80 on FGs (92.5%) the past 3 years and has the cannon leg that Santos lacks (71.6% career touchback % on kickoffs) that extends the scoring range. That’s a clear upgrade. He’s also 2 years younger. 

I remember seeing a clip (McAfee I think) where it was said Santos had a $750K incentive to stay at 90% or above. With what he makes in a tank season I definitely get him not wanting to risk that.  Sucks that it was cash before team but I'd be in the same boat. Lol

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Past 3 years doesn’t matter when referring to kickers. It’s a very “what have you done for me lately” job. Remember when a lot of us wanted Gould gone for an arbitrary reason (he can’t even kick out of the back of the endzone!). He was very limited last season for kick distance and kicking in the conditions