Week 12: Panthers @ Jets

Zithers2

Have a chance to tie the Saints record-wise here against a team that simply isn't as good as we are and with the Saints playing the Rams...

Some injury notes: Looking like Captain Munnerlyn isn't gonna play. Has an illness (flu?) that has kept him out for three straight days. I imagine Shaq could get a lot of his snaps... who is our fourth corner? I have no idea. Oh yeah, Ladarius Gunter... or Colin Jones. Greg Olsen is probably starting but it isn't clear how many snaps he'll play. Ryan Kalil is probably gonna get some snaps but doesn't seem like he'll start. Ty Larsen is also still recovering from an injury from MNF. Makes our center situation tricky... Very possible we see Greg Van Roten out there on the first snap.

As long as we don't screw up on offense and turn the ball over I think we will win. Jets only have 19 sacks on the year (7 in one game against Buffalo) so hopefully the OLine can hold up. Their offense doesn't really frighten me at all. But we lost to the Bears so I guess anything can happen...

Bears aren't that bad of a team.  I didn't expect to lose to them, but I was kind of nervous going in.  They've played the Falcons, Vikings, Saints, and Lions tough while beating the Steelers and us.  

I kind of feel similarly about the Jets.  A team that will play you tough and can knock you down if you aren't ready.  I don't think we will drop two games like that though.  Our run game appears to be in better shape than it was when we played the Bears.

5 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Saints will be without their top 2 CBs tomorrow.

This is huge.  If they lose tomorrow and we win, we could put ourselves in position next week to hold a one game lead in the division over them (not to mention the better divisional record).

Weren't they without their top 2 CBs when we played them? :$

8 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Lattimore was out but Crawley played.

Rams passing game is miles ahead of where we were.

No doubt.

But at the time, at least on Carolina Huddle, most weren't even treating that game as a trap game because of how poorly he Saints D had played in he first two weeks. And then for them to be down Lattimore, folks thought we'd be able to pass the ball effectively. 

I'm just pointing out that sometimes, events don't play out like you think they will. I'm guess I'm also pointing out how embarrassing our offense was earlier in the season lol. 

7 hours ago, fraziafraze07 said:

No doubt.

But at the time, at least on Carolina Huddle, most weren't even treating that game as a trap game because of how poorly he Saints D had played in he first two weeks. And then for them to be down Lattimore, folks thought we'd be able to pass the ball effectively. 

I'm just pointing out that sometimes, events don't play out like you think they will. I'm guess I'm also pointing out how embarrassing our offense was earlier in the season lol. 

I'm not saying they will lose.  Just that it is more likely now than it looked when Lattimore/Crawley were healthy.  Saints are still a good team.

Cam looks terrible.

Cam's thumb must be really screwed up (was limited in practice because of it this week). Dude was off big time today.

Worley looked like crap, still. Captain Munnerlyn needs to feel better. Our secondary depth is just trash.

Good to see Luke and Clay come up with the big time touchdowns though. We dodged a lot of bullets (dropped picks, the ASJ drops, Stew's fumble).

No Armah was a bummer today and the run game was pretty anemic for the most part outside of CMC's big run. I wish we'd keep him active.

Annoying that we're 8-3 and have the Saints, Falcons, Seahawks, and Lions to still compete with, but also cool that the Saints just went on an 8 game win streak and we have the same record. Pretty much a must-win game next week. Rams gave us a blueprint... Hopefully Olsen, Munnerlyn, TD, Funchess, and the good Kalil are ready to suit up.

all three phases looked horrible today. d was cut up by the jets and Anderson (redeemed themselves with the luke td) special teams missed an extra point then redeemed with the pr td. but the O looked as anemic as ever. j stew cant get anything done and needs to replaced by either CAP or even armah. fun fun is the only wr doing anything. shepherd has disappeared and we need clay to do something as a wr. hopefully byrd comes back soon as we need his speed. cam missed several wide open receivers. a wins a win but with quality teams coming up its a bit unsettling.

Archived