Asst Coaches Updates

Acgott

TBH Kafka is expendable. As long as Daboll is here he can bring in any other similar OC he trusts to run his offense. Hope Kafka gets a shot but I won't be devastated if he leaves. Neither one of those jobs is appealing. 

Edited by Shockwave

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

TBH Kafka is expendable. As long as Daboll is here he can bring in any other similar OC he trusts to run his offense. Hope Kafka gets a shot but I won't be devastated if he leaves. Neither one of those jobs is appealing. 

I’m not sure if I go that far. It’s so hard to know everyone’s actual input on the offense. When Kafka does leave QB coach Shea Tierney will likely be promoted with Davis Webb taking over QB coach. I’m sure they both learned a lot from Kafka and Daboll this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shockwave said:

TBH Kafka is expendable

I disagree he is valuable we are better off with him on this staff and doubt the next person we get will be as innovative as him. We do have Daboll and he is an offensive mind break so not all is lost, something would be lost with out Kafka. 

Texans have a very early pick in the draft if there are a couple of QB's Kafka likes he should take the Texans job. 

6 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I disagree he is valuable we are better off with him on this staff and doubt the next person we get will be as innovative as him. We do have Daboll and he is an offensive mind break so not all is lost, something would be lost with out Kafka. 

Texans have a very early pick in the draft if there are a couple of QB's Kafka likes he should take the Texans job. 

Didn't say he was worthless. Of course he has value. But in the grand scheme of Daboll, Kafka, and Wink.. Kafka would be the one I would be most ok with losing. Our offense isn't exactly good. Daboll and Kafka recognize the strength of it is running the ball with Barkley and Jones. They've done a great job of limiting turnovers which gives Wink a long field to operate his scheme. The passing game is super conservative. Jones has one of the lowest air yard averages. We are 18th in yards per game and 15th in points per game.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Didn't say he was worthless.

You did say he was expendable. According to google expendable means 'of little significance when compared to an overall purpose, and therefore able to be abandoned.'

I see Kafka more than of little significance. No we are not an offensive juggernaut and you know as well as I do that is because of the lack of talent. Our wideouts as a group our amongst the worst in the NFL if not the worst, our offensive line is below average. I am surprised and impressed we are getting as much as we are from our offense and Kafka plays a role in that. You did not mention how when it comes Red Zone efficiency, the last two years we were ranked 32nd and 31st in the NFL with Kafka we are now ranked 7th or 8th.

I agree, with you if we had to lose Daboll, Wink or Kafka I would rather it be Kafka, but there is a reason why these NFL teams want to interview him. Odds are the person that will replace Kafka will not be as good, which overall hurts the Giants for next season.

• Like 1

Expendable as per this definition:

: more easily or economically replaced than rescued, salvaged, or protected

Perhaps replaceable is the a better word? I just feel as long as Daboll is here he will be able to replace Kafka with another OC. Whether its Tierney, Webb, or someone else I think Daboll will find the right guy and quickly mold him to his liking.  The important thing is the scheme won't change which will be huge for Jones.

7 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Expendable as per this definition:

Perhaps replaceable is the a better word? I just feel as long as Daboll is here he will be able to replace Kafka with another OC. Whether its Tierney, Webb, or someone else I think Daboll will find the right guy and quickly mold him to his liking.  The important thing is the scheme won't change which will be huge for Jones.

according to my microsoft word, expendable is a synonym for replaceable so now my mind is really in a pretzel.. do we fire kafka?

• Like 1