QB position around the league

Pastor Dillon

29 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Didn’t age well at all. To be fair though he had thrown 4 INTs and had 27 yards passing or something crazy when I posted that. 

Oh he had an absolutely horrible start - but that’s the thing about these high level QBs, they can work out of bad starts.

Lots of interesting things going on with QBs out there, but here’s a thought. 

daniel Jones would have been given up on by most teams, including the giants if they had an option. The giants even declined his 5th year option. Now he’s posted the highest QBR over the last month and won a playoff game. 

maybe teams should give young QBs 3 or 4 years instead of canning them after their first full season as a starter. 

I think some coaches just try and run their system instead of creating a system that fits their QBs abilities. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

He really should have stopped throwing towards Asante Samuels side of the field, but a couple of those throws weren’t 100% on him

It’s a good point. One thing I’ve learned as a coach is that sometimes the QB looks really bad and it’s 100% not his fault. Without knowing the play call or the option route or any of that, it’s hard to tell if the QB made a bad throw or the WR didn’t run the correct route or what. 

that’s why I like to pay attention to how a QB does when the play breaks down. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

daniel Jones would have been given up on by most teams, including the giants if they had an option. The giants even declined his 5th year option. Now he’s posted the highest QBR over the last month and won a playoff game. 

He’s giving me a lot of Blake Bortles in 2017 vibes. His numbers aren’t really that good overall and his offense is being driven by Saquan playing at the level we knew he was capable of playing at - this one year doesn’t suddenly mean he’s worth an investment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’ve been saying it and even now more sure that Rodgers will go to the Jets

That’s what we said last year with Denver. Truth is, his $150mm extension makes him near impossible to move.

We haven’t mentioned this but what about trading for trey lance?

his value can’t be that high coming off a 2 game season. The 49ers will have to make a choice between Lance and Purdy and this off season will be the highest value they could get for either of them. 

I wouldn’t give up 2 or 12 for him but if Demeco really believes in him, I might would give up a 2nd, 3rd and maybe the browns 1st for next year. Maybe even do it conditionally. 

just a thought, I never really liked him coming out of college, always thought he would be a bust, but the advantage here would be that our coaching staff would have 2 years with him to know what he can and can’t do and whether he is worth it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We haven’t mentioned this but what about trading for trey lance?

I'm warming up to the idea, assuming DeMeco is the guy. Lance has some of the most elite physical gifts I've seen at QB and is  only a year older than Stroud/Young (and is a year younger than Will Levis). His body of work is so small, so nobody really knows what you're getting - but the upside on this is to the moon and back, Lance has a toolset that's equal to Josh Allen - incredible arm talent and athleticism. 

We'll see where it goes, but I'd be happy with giving them 33 and a pick in 2024 (maybe even get a pick back in the transaction). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'm warming up to the idea, assuming DeMeco is the guy. Lance has some of the most elite physical gifts I've seen at QB and is  only a year older than Stroud/Young (and is a year younger than Will Levis). His body of work is so small, so nobody really knows what you're getting - but the upside on this is to the moon and back, Lance has a toolset that's equal to Josh Allen - incredible arm talent and athleticism. 

We'll see where it goes, but I'd be happy with giving them 33 and a pick in 2024 (maybe even get a pick back in the transaction). 

If Meco saw enough in him in practice to want to trade for him/the guy he brings to run the offense too assuming he’s from the 9ers org also.

Mike Silver said he could be had for a 3rd I saw recently, who knows if that’s true

• Like 2