Jamaal Williams - NFC Offensive Player of the Week

Louis Friend

51 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

They must bring him back and I'm confident they will. You're gonna have to pay him decently, but that's the way it goes, when you score 17 tds you get a raise.

I dont think it will be a significant raise tbh.  He is about to be 28 years old, and has one year of production like this.  Sportrac projects him to make 4.1M this year which seems about right for RBs similar to him in production and age in previous years.  Not to mention the RB market will be flooded with Barkley, Jacobs, Kareem Hunt, Penny, Sanders, Foreman, Montgomery, Perine, Singletary, Harris, Mattison, Pollard, and Robinson.  

14 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

3yrs/$12 Million? Who says no?

I'd say 2 years, $9M and structure it so he gets most of that money this year OR go with your 3 year idea where it's really a 2 year deal but flattened out a bit. I love Jamaal but he'd be in his 30's by then and he's already not a super explosive player to begin with. I would 100% want to have him around the facility in some capacity afterwards.

58 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'd say 2 years, $9M and structure it so he gets most of that money this year OR go with your 3 year idea where it's really a 2 year deal but flattened out a bit. I love Jamaal but he'd be in his 30's by then and he's already not a super explosive player to begin with. I would 100% want to have him around the facility in some capacity afterwards.

He's 27. He'd be exactly 30 through a 3 year deal. He hasn't had a lot of carries in his career and yes, he's not explosive, which means his career should last longer since explosive backs tend to diminish in value once their burst is lost. 

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

He's 27. He'd be exactly 30 through a 3 year deal. He hasn't had a lot of carries in his career and yes, he's not explosive, which means his career should last longer since explosive backs tend to diminish in value once their burst is lost. 

He's going to be 28 in April. So he'd be 31 by the end of a 3 year deal. I still think we should be frontloading whatever deal it is given the propensity of RB's to drop off at 30. Pay him while he's productive and contributing, let it taper off when he may not be. 

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He's going to be 28 in April. So he'd be 31 by the end of a 3 year deal. I still think we should be frontloading whatever deal it is given the propensity of RB's to drop off at 30. Pay him while he's productive and contributing, let it taper off when he may not be. 

No, next year is his age 28 season, followed by 29 and 30 at the end of year 3. Not that it matters much. He's not going to nose dive. His game isn't predicated on play that drops suddenly. 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

No, next year is his age 28 season, followed by 29 and 30 at the end of year 3. Not that it matters much. He's not going to nose dive. His game isn't predicated on play that drops suddenly. 

He'd be 2 months shy of 31 by then. I get your point in terms of his play but for all intents and purposes, he's going to be a nearly 31 year old RB by that time. 

41 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

I'm prolly in the minority here, but I don't think his season was that impressive. I love his attitude and leadership, but he's the second best RB on the roster and there's prolly 15-20 RBs in the NFL that would have had the same production he had in the same situation. 

get the f out of here