Jamaal Williams - NFC Offensive Player of the Week

Louis Friend

8 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

How many TDs on the one yard line did he have? How is that impressive? 

I believe that number is 8. Do you know how many other running backs had 8 or more total rushing touchdowns? 11. And then Jamaal had 11 other touchdowns besides that.

Not to mention that his role is tough yards. He ran for many first downs and 4+ gains in running situations where the defense knew a run was coming, setting up the offense in good position time and time again.

Then there's also his personality and the way everyone on the team loves him and rallies around him. If you've paid even the slightest attention to the team this year you'd know that.

I'm not saying the guy is Derrick Henry. But your point that he's some overrated piece of junk and anyone could do what he did is weak as hell.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I believe that number is 8. Do you know how many other running backs had 8 or more total rushing touchdowns? 11. And then Jamaal had 11 other touchdowns besides that.

Not to mention that his role is tough yards. He ran for many first downs and 4+ gains in running situations where the defense knew a run was coming, setting up the offense in good position time and time again.

Then there's also his personality and the way everyone on the team loves him and rallies around him. If you've paid even the slightest attention to the team this year you'd know that.

I'm not saying the guy is Derrick Henry. But your point that he's some overrated piece of junk and anyone could do what he did is weak as hell.

I paid more than enough attention to the team. I know exactly what he does for team moral. My point is tho, he had 13 TD runs under 3 yards. 1 TD of 4 yards. And when you throw the goal line fumble in dallas into the mix, I truly believe there are 15 players in the nfl that could have scored 17 times on this team. 

I love Maal, but I don't think he's anything special to where we make him a high paid RB. 

2 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

I paid more than enough attention to the team. I know exactly what he does for team moral. My point is tho, he had 13 TD runs under 3 yards. 1 TD of 4 yards. And when you throw the goal line fumble in dallas into the mix, I truly believe there are 15 players in the nfl that could have scored 17 times on this team. 

I love Maal, but I don't think he's anything special to where we make him a high paid RB. 

So you're saying he's in the top 15 of running backs. Ok

The NFL has fined Williams $18,566 for his touchdown celebrations.

Williams likes to thrust his hips when celebrating a touchdown and has been fined before.

But while Williams is a repeat offender, his “offense” is so minor that it’s rather shocking that the NFL fined him more than it fined Quay Walker for shoving a Lions athletic trainer in the same game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/14/nfl-fines-jamaal-williams-18566-for-touchdown-celebration/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

He got fined more than Quay Walker for putting his hands on a member of our medical staff. 🙄

It's confusing for so many reasons. The NFL obviously reviewed the play as they called the refs and told them to eject Walker. However, they didn't penalize, eject, or fine Wyatt who shoulder checked the same trainer, or Reed for his forearm to Swift's face. 

• Like 1