2022-23 PLAYOFFS!!! GDT: RD1 Giants vs. Vikings @ 4:25pm est

Giants4eva

And here we are!!!! It is a beautiful day to be a Gmen fan. 6 years we've waited to get back into the dance. I am so so proud of our guys i can not even put it into words. This has been a season of growing, changing, learning. Emotions have run high and very low at times but despite all the injuries, WRs who didn't produce, guys who we thought weren't gonna be something this season... here we are.. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

We have a good shot fellas, i truly believe it. I think this is a game we can win. We come into this game probably as closest to the healthiest this team has been in the entire season. Bill Parcells once said "show me the healthiest team at the end of the season and ill show you your best contenders for the Super Bowl" .. 

DJ played his very best game against the Colts a couple weeks ago and i feel he's got the confidence wave going on.  What ive noticed with him is much like how Eli was, when his back is against the wall, his best game comes out. That is what well need to ride us into this victory against the Vikings. I think in this next one well see a good dose of Saquon but surprise surprise the one guy who i think will be a factor in this one is Kenny Golladay. There would be no better time to use him than right now. Would totally throw off any kind of defensive game plan the Vikes would anticipate. Whether we use him as a decoy or not or use him as a blocker.. well see. I just feel we can see something big from him this game. Hey.. i was the good luck charm with him at the Eagle game. He got that TD because i told him too! LOL

Defense has to be able to play their best game. I fully expect Azeez and Adoree will be in this one from beginning to end. They need to zone in on Jefferson and be wary of Cook out of the backfield. The key here is make sure we limit Justin Jefferson. This kid can be a 1 man wrecking crew. The Vikes are coming into this one down a couple of starting olinemen so our defense needs to expose that. Thibs, DLaw and Big Kat will be on the prowl. 

If this is a 1 and done i dont even care. This team has shown there is a bright future ahead with Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll at the helm and i couldnt have asked for much more for this season. So so so excited about this coming weekend! 

Giants 26 / Vikes 23

• Like 3

I wish I could go right back to US Bank to see these teams clash again! But with ticket prices triple what they were in December, that's not going to happen. This time I'll watch from home, cocktail weenies and cheesy potatoes at the ready, decked out for the rebirth of Big Blue.

The Vikings always lose in the playoffs; it's just a question of who they lose to. That team might as well be us. Limit the mistakes, get Neal some help, and do something about Hockenson so he doesn't gash us like last time. If we do that we'll have our first playoff win since the Eli era. 🍻

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its amazing that your whole 53 man squad is healthy for this game. Kudos to your teams training staff!

Ya amazing is the right word. The amount of injuries to WRs was awful especially losing Shep and Wan'Dale, and other guys who went down this season. This is truly the first time this season that our squad is fully ready to go with what we have. 

• Like 1

The Vikings are talented and crowd noise will play a factor, despite that I believe we now match up well against them. With most of our secondary back they should lessen the damage that Justin Jefferson shall do. Our D-line in particular our All-Pro Nose Tackle should dominate from start to finish. Our D-line vs their O-line is how we are going to win this game. My main concern for the defense is T.J Hockenson we are not good against tight ends I am not sure Xavier with his hand issue will be able to limit Hockenson.

On offense my main concern is Evan Neal being the weak link in passing protection, hopefully the Giants will have a Tight End with him to chip and release. 

We are going into the playoffs playing our best ball. Even our backups challenged the Eagles starters to the point their starters had to play whole game.  If we don't turn the ball over I don't see how we lose this game.

Giants 30

Vikings 20