2022-23 PLAYOFFS!!! GDT: RD1 Giants vs. Vikings @ 4:25pm est

Giants4eva

That one block by Golladay was the best play he's made as a Giant. 

Flott and McKinney saved us at the very end... and before that, the d-line. The rush really started getting home in the 4th. I hope Pinnock will be OK. And I am happy for Darius Slayton, because imagine the sigh of relief he must have taken.

Can't believe I got to experience this with you guys.

• Like 1

The Giants just won their first playoff game in 11 years and it was on the arm of Daniel Jones against a 13-4 team. He is the Franchise Quarterback of the New York Giants. There is no question about it - no arguments that could be made to the contrary. He was sharp all day in the biggest game of his career. Making excellent throws and decisions the entire game. Then of course you factor in his ability to tuck it in and get first downs with his legs. 

I had my doubts about the kid, no doubt. But I said last year he showed signs of the ability to put the team on his shoulders in the big moments. He made a perfect throw to Engram in one game that would've been a TD to go up two scores and ice the game. Engram dropped it. The Giants went on to lose. He also made a perfect throw to Slayton in another game that would've allowed them to run out the clock. Slayton dropped it and the Giants went on to lose. Now that he has a good system and good coaches, he's able to play to his strengths and run a system with consistentcy. We're going to see him improve leaps and bounds over the next couple of years.

Also, this was obviously a team win. I don't want to gloss over the performances of Saquon, Hodgins, Thomas, Sexy Dexy, Adoree, etc. But it feels great to know the New York Football Giants once again have a Franchise Quarterback.

Edited by w4rrior723
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Hodgins offers absolutely nothing after the catch, but he's great in every other aspect. Consider me fully onboard with him. I've gone from "we may have something in Isaiah Hodgins" to "we have something in Isaiah Hodgins"

• Like 3

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Hodgins offers absolutely nothing after the catch, but he's great in every other aspect. Consider me fully onboard with him. I've gone from "we may have something in Isaiah Hodgins" to "we have something in Isaiah Hodgins"

He was playing on a bad ankle, one podcast I listened to said he showed a picture of his ankle after the game on twitter, it was blown up and black and blue. He even commented that it effected his speed.

Thoughts on yesterdays work of art ... 

This team is fire. Plain and simple. What a game what a game WHAT A FREAKIN GAME!!!!! Daniel Jones has not only cemented himself a long term deal but man his price has just gone up exponentially. What did I say in the write up? When his back is against the wall, his best game comes out. And boy did he ever play the game of his life! First and only player in NFL history to have 300+ yds passing , 70+ rushing and 2+ TDs in a playoff game. Talk about money baby. The way this team played yesterday, you, me and all the big blue fans of the world have to be doing jumping jacks with the way this team performed. I was reading my writeups all the back to game 1 of this season and for me as fan of this team, i felt he took his step to being a franchise QB when he shocked the world and beat Green Bay. That to me was when it started to hit me like wow.. he's arrived and holy cow here we go!!!! 

The offense.. 

Do I really need to even say any more about Danny Dollars? And yes its dollars now because his money ball has gone from dimes to cold hard cash! LOL. We have not seen a performance like that since Eli. Never put the ball in harms way, knew when to rush and when to keep himself in and out of the pocket. He put absolute lasers into the chests of our guys all night. That one pass to Isiah Hodgins was absolutely pinpoint accurate. Hodgins had made a dynamite play as well. Saquon was just being Saquon. Kid deserves a ton of credit for the game he played. Was amazing out of the backfield both from a running standpoint and receiving. This group of guys, the WRs, the RBs, the oline, beast mode at QB .. could not have done a better job. Outstanding and just outerworldly is just the way they played. I was screaming at my TV last night cheering to the point i think the dead could've heard me GMEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! 

The defense.. 

This group did decent albeit average. That personal foul call on Dex in the 4th qtr was absolute horsesh-- and anyone who is a fan of this game knows it was. They did enough to the job done. I think for me with the amount of times they were keying in on Justin Jefferson it was easy to see why guys like TJ Hockenson were getting open as easily as they did. Cant argue with keep the leagues best WR to a very minimal day. Azeez going down really sucked. This poor kid just cant seem to stay healthy. The knock on him even when he came out of Georgia was just that. He gets hurt. Overall u cant argue with keep the Vikings in check and coming up with the key plays needed to shut them down. Theilen, Jefferson, Cook and Hockenson is a pretty nasty set of skill position players. I think for me i say average play because we were struggling to get a good push up front. Big Kat had a solid game and so did Dex, but we need Kayvon and some other guys to finish off the QB when they can. 

Overall.. what else is there to say? We just won a playoff game!!! First one in 11 yrs.,, let that sink in fellas! We did what we were told we cant do and were never supposed to even have a chance to do. Brian Daboll, Mike Kafka, Wink... we tip our hats to u and cannot say thank you enough for what you have done for this team, this city and this group of guys who were beaten and left for dead before this season started. Outmotherf-----standing!!!!!!

• Like 1

FELLAAAAASSSSS!! What a freaking game. When I take a step back it's amazing how much this team has grown over the course of the season, especially the last several games. They are a legitimate threat to win against anyone with the way they're playing. This rag-tag group is just playing with such confidence and it's not just a few guys having to overcome other deficiencies. Jones gets the much-deserved headlines but man, people were starting to come back to earth on Saquon and he goes straight nuts against the Vikings. The OL (except Neal) have very quietly become a very good pass protecting group. Sure, the scheme is still helping a bit but remember how many bootlegs we had at the beginning of the season to overcome those deficiencies?

Isaiah Hodgins is such a crazy story. Richie James showing some mental toughness to come back. The freaking secondary! Hockensen got his again, which hurt. But limiting Justin Jefferson and not letting any big plays kill you? Wow, just wow. 

I'm not going to sit here and say they're going to crush the Eagles. As far as the rest of the matchups go, this past weekend was worst case scenario because they simply do not match up well with the Eagles and Cowboys. So they can lose any game but they can also win any game.

I just cannot believe this is where we're at!