Hypothetical Offseason Trades

dll2000

DeAndre Hopkins

Probably costs less than people think.

Tony Gonzalez got traded for a 2nd round pick.

Randy Moss got traded for a 4th round pick.

Hopkins originally went for a 2nd a 4th round swap and David Johnson. 

He's 30 now.   His cap hit after trade would be 19,450,000 according to spotrac.

Probably only good for 2 more years at best.  Gets another steriod hit he is out for a long time.

Tough call.

3rd?  4th?  Pass because he is too old for rebuild?  

He is a heck of a WR when healthy.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

To Bears:  7, 38, 2024 1 and 2.

Raiders: 1

Take it or leave it?

i like this one more than the others. still allows us to grab a blue chip guy like murphy, bresee, or wilson at DL, an OL like Johnson or Skoronski, or a WR like Johnson or addison. add in the additional high 2nd, plus the two future picks. would be huge - its like Detroit but a year later. they have 2 1s and 2 2s this year

• Like 1

Out of the 3, I would take the Rayduhs offer. But realistically I see the colts with a #4 , #34 and 2024 R1. probably the best Poles can do. Gives him choice of One of Anderson, Carter or Wilson this year to add to the FA signings on that defensive front 4. Plus a high R1 next year.

Be interesting to see what actual offers are.

Teams moving up a short way aren't going to want to give up a 2024 1 if they can help it.   All depends on competing bids, if any.

I wish we had a more hyped up QB in this class.   Still Goff and Wentz weren't hyped at this point in time.

A lot of people last year punted to this year to get their QB.  Now some are saying that again.   But you can't wait forever for that perfect guy.  

I think CJ Stroud looked pretty good last game.   And consensus is Young is better.  

Trading down with IND makes the most sense to me, for 2 reasons:

1- Their GM just committed himself at his presser to do everything reasonable to get “the guy”, including specifically trading up to #1. The process will decide for the masses that at least one of these QBs is “the guy” which will put an absurd amount of pressure on Ballard, and gives us great leverage for premium value.

2- Trading down to 4 guarantees that one of the following 3 is available to us after the move down:

—Jalen Carter 

—Will Anderson

—If Carter and Anderson go 2/3, a second trade down ahead of SEA for anyone who wants QB2, which is likely another spot that would generate a premium return.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Which of above do you take of all 3, Seattle, Raiders or Pittsburgh?  

1->17 would have to yield more than that imo, and Steelers likely have at least the same standings next year imo. Seahawks are also still decently capable. The raiders though, their first next year has every opportunity to be a top 5 pick. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Trading down with IND makes the most sense to me, for 2 reasons:

1- Their GM just committed himself at his presser to do everything reasonable to get “the guy”, including specifically trading up to #1. The process will decide for the masses that at least one of these QBs is “the guy” which will put an absurd amount of pressure on Ballard, and gives us great leverage for premium value.

2- Trading down to 4 guarantees that one of the following 3 is available to us after the move down:

—Jalen Carter 

—Will Anderson

—If Carter and Anderson go 2/3, a second trade down ahead of SEA for anyone who wants QB2, which is likely another spot that would generate a premium return.

Funny they'd come out and say that, especially with a division rival picking right behind us.  Are they really high on Young, or are they trying to get Houston to move into our spot for him?  Houston as more ammo to move up(2 firsts this year and next year)  Both teams need a QB, we're willing to trade down.  Why tell everyone their going to try to move into our spot?  Then again, does that possibly drive the price up for other teams to get our pick?

A buddy of mine at work suggested the we trade back with Houston, get both 2 and 12, then trade down to 4 with Indy, giving us their 2nd and 1st next year.  Ideally, we'd all like that.  Realistically, I doubt that happens. 

31 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Funny they'd come out and say that, especially with a division rival picking right behind us.  Are they really high on Young, or are they trying to get Houston to move into our spot for him?  Houston as more ammo to move up(2 firsts this year and next year)  Both teams need a QB, we're willing to trade down.  Why tell everyone their going to try to move into our spot?  Then again, does that possibly drive the price up for other teams to get our pick?

A buddy of mine at work suggested the we trade back with Houston, get both 2 and 12, then trade down to 4 with Indy, giving us their 2nd and 1st next year.  Ideally, we'd all like that.  Realistically, I doubt that happens. 

I have a hard time seeing Houston give 2 and 12 to move up one spot.  Desperation can make teams do crazy things, but i just feel that’s too much.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

I think if HOU offers us that Poles is gonna take it to IND and tell them they need to add to whatever they’ve got on the table, and if they do, they’ll take IND’s offer back to HOU and so on. Basically play that game til someone says no, then decide which package is best. Why stop before then? 

I would expect those preliminary discussions will start shortly after those teams have coaching staffs in place, and may have already. If Ballard is really willing to do whatever it takes to get his guy he should probably already have groundwork laid with Poles to the nature of, “Hey - don’t trade the pick to anyone else before talking to me first.” 

• Like 1