Hypothetical Offseason Trades

dll2000

The more I look at this the more I just can't see past trading with the Colts at #4 as being the perfect trade partner...

Scenario 1...

1.Colts take QB Bryce Young

2.Texans take QB CJ Stroud

3.Cardinals take DE Will Anderson

4. Bears take DT Jalen Carter

This to me would be the perfect outcome but if the Cardinals take Carter then we take Anderson or move down.

Scenario 2...

2.Texans take DE Will Anderson

3.Cardinals take DT Jalen Carter

4. Bears now reset the QB market for teams like Raiders/Panthers/Titans/Jets meaning we are building a massive amount of draft capital with making two trades down.

Scenario 3...

3.Cardinals Trade down for someone moving up for (Not sure why they wouldn't just move to #4 but even so) CJ Stroud

Again Texas & Bears players could be swapped.

If we trade down to #4 I see no way we lose out on either a top 2 defensive player at a primer position...a spot that allows us to trade down again and have a ton of capital to add plenty of talent all over the team in this draft or future draft picks that allow us to continue to reshape the roster longer term.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

The more I look at this the more I just can't see past trading with the Colts at #4 as being the perfect trade partner...

Scenario 1...

This to me would be the perfect outcome but if the Cardinals take Carter then we take Anderson or move down.

Scenario 2...

4. Bears now reset the QB market for teams like Raiders/Panthers/Titans/Jets meaning we are building a massive amount of draft capital with making two trades down.

Scenario 3...

3.Cardinals Trade down for someone moving up for (Not sure why they wouldn't just move to #4 but even so) CJ Stroud

If we trade down to #4 I see no way we lose out on either a top 2 defensive player at a primer position...a spot that allows us to trade down again and have a ton of capital to add plenty of talent all over the team in this draft or future draft picks that allow us to continue to reshape the roster longer term.

Can't see Texans not drafting a QB. The new coach there is not going to roll with Davis Mills. He sucks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Scenario 1...

Scenario 2...

Scenario 3...

Just throwing this out there, Scenario 2:  Houston gives us 12, 33 and one of their 1sts next year for 4 

51 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Anybody know this guy?

I once told you guys about a dude in a bears starter jacket walking up to me at the beach one time acting like a normal human before explaining that his son Jesus was coming back with all the animals. May have been this guy? Have to wait and see about the animals I guess but might be legit?

3 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I once told you guys about a dude in a bears starter jacket walking up to me at the beach one time acting like a normal human before explaining that his son Jesus was coming back with all the animals. May have been this guy? Have to wait and see about the animals I guess but might be legit?

Ha ha.. Guess we all get to have our Jesus moments. I found it funny he has a pinned tweet sparring with ESPN to give him credit over something he allegedly broke, hence the question. 

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Me neither but just trying to cover all bases...I just think #4 makes too much sense right now.

Its for sure the Ideal spot right now. But its all going to come down to the two factors of A) What everyone (Houston, Indy, Atlanta, Carolina, Washington) are all willing to give up and B) how highly do we regard Carter/Anderson over the other Top 10 options

9 hours ago, malagabears said:

Anybody know this guy?

Its obviously BS. Regardless,I dont see them getting rid of their only weapon when adding a Rookie QB. 

But I will say, its not going to shock me if the Colts end up loving Levis, and by "the Colts" I mean Irsay. Hes going to be overly involved in this process, and he is for sure the type of guy who "likes his style" over the actual scouting department reports. Similar to Mitch and his Car

Edited by StLunatic88

17 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Scenario 1...

Scenario 2...

Scenario 3...

I honestly was thinking this last night as well, especially after listening to Nate Tice on Hoge and Jahns. 4 shoud still allow us to get Anderson/Carter. Basic trade - is this an overpay/underpay/fair trade? idk, but 1.1 for 1.4, 2.35 and 2024 1st

Did a quick 5 round mock on PFN and tried to make picks realistic. focused on lines and help for JF1

1.1: Young

1.2: Stroud

1.3: Anderson

1.4: Carter, DT, Georgia - don't have to explain this one. blue chip stud 3T for flus

2.35: Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee - not knowing what FA holds, we get a plug and play RT from day one

2.55: *TRADE* AZ sends WR Hopkins to CHI for 2.55 and a conditional 2024 5th round pick, based on individual/team incentives/success

3.64: Andre Carter, DE, Army - big DE with long arms and reach.

4.100: Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas - a C with G versatility. gives us some options along the line. again, depends on FA

4.131 (from Eagles): Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan - does anyone even know who our backup TE is? Schoon should be a reliable #2 as i expect Kmet to get an extension

5.132: Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas - I watched a ton of Texas this year, and this dude can play. Bigger back with speed, overshadowed by Bijan. Monty replacement

5.156 (from Ravens): Jake Haener, QB, Fresno State - I know QB isn't a top need, but we need a young guy to groom and Haener has skill to develop. Only QBs we've drafted in the last 15 years are Fields, Fales, and Lefevour - we need to start taking a young guy every couple years and stop relying on journeyman backups

TLDR; new starting RT, WR, 3T, possible starter DE, key backup C/G, TE, RB, QB