Hypothetical Offseason Trades

dll2000

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

He would have been very wrong on Jones as well hahaha

I mean sure if he had traded up for him. I think he wanted to stay and take him. And Mac was rookie of the year last year. If he can make Brock Purdy look good in this offense, I’m pretty sure he could make Mac look way better than what Patrica put him through this year. 

All of this is why I think Brady is more likely than anything else in San Fran next year. 
-Purdy likely has a ceiling, that is going to come into play these playoffs. 
-not sure he will ever trust using Lance

-Jimmy is going to want to get PAID

-Tom’s veteran leadership is probably the final piece to that puzzle 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean sure if he had traded up for him. I think he wanted to stay and take him. And Mac was rookie of the year last year. If he can make Brock Purdy look good in this offense, I’m pretty sure he could make Mac look way better than what Patrica put him through this year. 

All of this is why I think Brady is more likely than anything else in San Fran next year. 

No doubt the scheme & talent is massively helping Purdy who is playing okay but it is easy with all that around you.

Brady going there would be crazy.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No doubt the scheme & talent is massively helping Purdy who is playing okay but it is easy with all that around you.

Brady going there would be crazy.

Team matters. Put an all star team around someone and many QBs will look good. 

On 1/11/2023 at 8:13 PM, CBears019 said:

I have a hard time seeing Houston give 2 and 12 to move up one spot.  Desperation can make teams do crazy things, but i just feel that’s too much.

There's 0% chance that happens.  They'd be overpaying by a country mile.  Let's talk hypothetically speaking, Houston's #2 and #12 pick are worth 3800 points.  Arizona's #3, #34, and #66 are worth a combined 3020 points, so you'd need a future FRP to even get into that discussion IF Houston was offering both FRPs.  Houston offering #2 and #34 is a combined 3180 points, which beats Arizona's offer.  IF Chicago hadn't deal their original SRP to Pittsburgh as part of the Chase Claypool trade, I thought that might make things more interesting.  Chicago sending #1 and #32 (combined 3590 points) to Houston for #2 and #12 (combined 3800 points) plus whatever premium the Bears might need to get a deal done.  I don't think Houston is that desperate to pick #1, because they know Chicago isn't taking a QB.

And at the risk of being called a troll/debbie downer, the QB market looks a LOT softer than it did a few months ago.  We know Houston is in the market for a QB, but we can probably safely cross Arizona, Seattle (via Denver), and Philadelphia (via NO) offer the QB market.  Indianapolis seems like a given to be in the market for a QB as does Las Vegas and Carolina.  Given how Jared Goff finished the season, I think it's likely the Lions pass on a QB at 6 and angle for a QB with their other FRP.  Atlanta is a wild card and probably depends on what they think of Desmond Ridder.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I get why Tom Brady would want San Francisco, but would San Francisco really want Tom Brady?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I get why Tom Brady would want San Francisco, but would San Francisco really want Tom Brady?

They are going to be tight on cap, I don’t think Jimmy is coming back, and I think once Brock is exposed more in these playoffs, they will be looking for something more stable that hoping they could get by with Purdy/Lance

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

They are going to be tight on cap, I don’t think Jimmy is coming back, and I think once Brock is exposed more in these playoffs, they will be looking for something more stable that hoping they could get by with Purdy/Lance

They're almost certainly rolling with Purdy/Lance.  The 49ers traded 3 FRPs (or 2 if you prefer to look at it that way) for him.  By signing Brady, they're effectively moving on from Trey Lance.  I just don't see the team doing that.  And they'd fetch pennies on the dollar if they traded him this offseason.

Just now, CWood21 said:

They're almost certainly rolling with Purdy/Lance.  The 49ers traded 3 FRPs (or 2 if you prefer to look at it that way) for him.  By signing Brady, they're effectively moving on from Trey Lance.  I just don't see the team doing that.  And they'd fetch pennies on the dollar if they traded him this offseason.

They have a Championship Roster in spite of that trade, they aren’t wasting another year on hoping that Lance can turn into something, especially coming off an injury. 

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's 0% chance that happens.  They'd be overpaying by a country mile.  Let's talk hypothetically speaking, Houston's #2 and #12 pick are worth 3800 points.  Arizona's #3, #34, and #66 are worth a combined 3020 points, so you'd need a future FRP to even get into that discussion IF Houston was offering both FRPs.  Houston offering #2 and #34 is a combined 3180 points, which beats Arizona's offer.  IF Chicago hadn't deal their original SRP to Pittsburgh as part of the Chase Claypool trade, I thought that might make things more interesting.  Chicago sending #1 and #32 (combined 3590 points) to Houston for #2 and #12 (combined 3800 points) plus whatever premium the Bears might need to get a deal done.  I don't think Houston is that desperate to pick #1, because they know Chicago isn't taking a QB.

And at the risk of being called a troll/debbie downer, the QB market looks a LOT softer than it did a few months ago.  We know Houston is in the market for a QB, but we can probably safely cross Arizona, Seattle (via Denver), and Philadelphia (via NO) offer the QB market.  Indianapolis seems like a given to be in the market for a QB as does Las Vegas and Carolina.  Given how Jared Goff finished the season, I think it's likely the Lions pass on a QB at 6 and angle for a QB with their other FRP.  Atlanta is a wild card and probably depends on what they think of Desmond Ridder.

That's not the point. They know the Bears aren't taking a QB. They also know the Bears aren't keeping the pick. They also know the team picking 2 slots behind them needs a QB and consequently play in the same division. That alone should make Houston a bit desperate yet alone the other stuff.

Still, yes you're correct. They're not giving up 2 and 12 to move up 1 spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Most Head Coaches have very little decision making when it comes to High Draft picks. Input? Sure but unless they are standing on the table against a guy, the GM (and in this type of situation with a QB the owner) are making the decision. 

Just look at Shanahan and the Trey Lance pick. 

They don't have a HC, OC, or DC. They also don't have a stable owner or a GM with a clue. There's less than a 1% chance they're already discussing players on the roster and draft picks considering all of that + the combine, "all star games," and predraft interviews haven't happened yet. JMHO

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That's not the point. They know the Bears aren't taking a QB. They also know the Bears aren't keeping the pick. They also know the team picking 2 slots behind them needs a QB and consequently play in the same division. That alone should make Houston a bit desperate yet alone the other stuff.

Still, yes you're correct. They're not giving up 2 and 12 to move up 1 spot.

I'm not even sure only getting #2 & #12 would be the most efficient trade for us anyway...if anything I would rather get down a little more and pick up more picks in this draft, next years draft & potentially a player or two...

One thing I will say is as much as the TVC is a good guide it goes out the window in a situation like this for teams like the Texans & Colts if they have real conviction on one of these QBs...either you move heaven and earth and go get him...or you spend the next 10-15 year potentially having them dominate your own division and your fans consistently questioning why you didn't do more to get them...having two team desperate for a QB in the same division is a massive advantage for us.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They don't have a HC, OC, or DC. They also don't have a stable owner or a GM with a clue. There's less than a 1% chance they're already discussing players on the roster and draft picks considering all of that + the combine, "all star games," and predraft interviews haven't happened yet. JMHO

If you don’t think first feelers (at the least) about the #1 pick have already started, then you are being naive

And there is no way the Colts,, one of the most QB-desperate teams, have put themselves behind the 8-ball. If they were missing a GM I’d say you may have a point. But Ballard HAS to be part of all these conversations from the jump.

I don’t think offers have been given, those type of reports are just click-bait. But draft evaluations don’t start at the Senior Bowl or the Combine. More often than not, They are closer to being complete by the Combine, and guys are just confirming their grades, are something drastic happens and they revisit. 

23 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If you don’t think first feelers (at the least) about the #1 pick have already started, then you are being naive

And there is no way the Colts,, one of the most QB-desperate teams, have put themselves behind the 8-ball. If they were missing a GM I’d say you may have a point. But Ballard HAS to be part of all these conversations from the jump.

I don’t think offers have been given, those type of reports are just click-bait. But draft evaluations don’t start at the Senior Bowl or the Combine. More often than not, They are closer to being complete by the Combine, and guys are just confirming their grades, are something drastic happens and they revisit. 

And that's all that I was getting at. There is no shot that the Colts have called the Bears and started discussing Pittman's availability. If the combine comes and Levis is up and down & bombs interviews, they're going to regret it big time. Feelers? Sure, of course, but there's a reason these trades always happen after the combine

27 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And that's all that I was getting at. There is no shot that the Colts have called the Bears and started discussing Pittman's availability. If the combine comes and Levis is up and down & bombs interviews, they're going to regret it big time. Feelers? Sure, of course, but there's a reason these trades always happen after the combine

I could easily see a scenario where Poles gave an extensive list of what/who we would want in a deal for #1 if they want it right now. And maybe that’s where some of this is coming from. Then these click bait guys get half a comment from someone, then pass it off as “information” but nothing is really being offered at this point.

Especially with Stroud still up in the air

Edited by StLunatic88