2023 Schedule

teude

On the surface:

Home - 7-1 (Seattle or Minnesota)

Away - W 4-5 (Chi, GB, Min, TB - maybe NO); L (KC, LAC, DAL, BAL)

Total 11-6 or 12-5

Division - 5-1

• Denver: Can they right the ship with a new HC?
  • LV: Is Brady going to join Adams and McDaniels?
  • Seattle: Is Geno legit or are the wheels going to fall off?
  • TB: Who is going to be the QB?
  • BAL: Is Lamar going to be there?
  • NO: Who is going to be the QB?
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, teude said:

So, opponents are revealed:

All home games definitely winnable, road games can be tough. But i can see 11 wins there still, even more.

A lot of variability on the road games.  Tampa likely loses Brady, GB may lose Rodgers, and Baltimore may lose Lamar.  The Chiefs is an L, Chargers will be tough, and Cowboys likely will be tough but also may look very different next year.  Saints don't scare me with Dalton/Jameis and they are like 60M over the cap again and dont have a first because of Olave.  

That home schedule is easy as of now but a lot could change.  Carolina beat us on the road this year but will be interesting to see what they do at QB.  Seattle at home again is sort of crazy but hopefully we can avenge that loss this year.  Raiders likely will have some turnover, Denver will be interesting if a new coach can get Russ to be even decent again.  The division games are a toss up usually as I think CHI gets better and GB and MN get worse.  

It should be a fun year.  I hope the Tampa game is late in the year when I am typically down there. 

Obviously, the draft, free agency, health and luck will play a part, but early gut feel for me is 11-6. I don't see the Lions getting off to another horrible start to the season. If they do, I think we need to hold MCDC accountable, but if the Lions get off to even an average start, I see them making a run at the end of the season smelling the playoffs after falling short this season.