K Santos

P O’Donnell

LS DePaolo 

COST WISE

- Glennon, Freeman & McPhee turn into Butler, Moncrief & Inman

- Wheaton, Sitton & Sims turn into Richburg, Brown & Rodgers

- Fuller gets Prince’s 2017 $

- Santos gets Fuller’s 2017 $

- Goldman & O’Donnell $ from previously unused cap & annual league-wise increase. 

love the work. I like Rodgers at TE for this team. the WR double dip in FA with two mid tier guys is the most realistic scenario.  I like the cut Sitton and sign a center move for the bears. There are some quality FA centers available this year bears could upgrade the interior o-line.   my one critique of the mock is that it puts a lot of emphasis on the CB position.  A high priced FA and a 2nd round pick on CB.  I think pace will resign prince and fuller and use the resources to find someone better than Bobby Massie at RT.  But love the work.      

22 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Not bad, but why draft a RB?  Jordan and Cohen are a good duo.  Also, I think its a given we're drafting a WR at some point. 

Because if Howard gets hurt we are starting either a journeyman or a 5’6” 175 lb guy which is highly undesirable to me. And I think Ballage is gonna be a really good NFL back. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Because if Howard gets hurt we are starting either a journeyman or a 5’6” 175 lb guy which is highly undesirable to me. And I think Ballage is gonna be a really good NFL back. 

I like the idea of a late round running back to hedge against a Howard injury.  Plus pace has shown an eye for evaluating late round running back talent.  I like Josh Allen as well in the rounds 4 or 5      

Sometimes it seems like Pace took his "acquire QB every year" mantra and slid it over one position, as I'm always shocked that we keep drafting RBs.  With the lack of picks and need to start hitting other positions, I think they really need to take a year off and count on Howard staying healthy. They're not terribly deep at any position, but RB seems to be deeper than most. 

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think the mlr financially prudent plan would be too draft and develop Sitton's 2019 replacement.

Right now from 2019 on the Bears are seriously financially invested in the OL

Leno-9

Long 10

Richburg 9

Whitehair- probably 10

I thought about that. I’ve also contemplated leaving Whitehair at C and trusting that either Kush or Morgan will be an adequate in-house replacement. Kush was solid last year and Morgan was drafted likely with that exact purpose in mind. I’m not opposed to that at all. With that said, they’re also cost fixed at QB about $15M below market rate as much as through 2021. Maybe more than that. So they can afford to be overcommitted cost wise at other positions for now.

I went back and forth on whether that should be OL or WR and ultimately went with OL because while both help Trubisky the strong OL helps more IMO. I gave us a bunch of good but not great options at WR here both banking on many NFL caliber targets being better than one really good one, and on at least one of these guys (all of whom are young players) taking another step under what I envisioned being an innovative offensive mind at HC. I looked at the Eagles offense and thought this group of 4 WR could fill those roles and Shaheen was drafted to play the role of Ertz. We already have something the Eagles don’t have in Howard. 

Butler is a great signing if he gets to playing like he should (I have seen only a few Pats games and he wasn't doing the best, might be far too small a sample size).

This is an offseason I could be pretty happy about. Landry, Dillard, and Ballage are all good prospects. Ballage is a good mix of Howard and Cohen IMO. Good hands, hard runner, decent balance.

Seeing Richburg get $9 mil annually surprised me, averaging 3rd highest for centers (tied with 2 others). Has he been that good? I really haven't watched the Giants much.

Also I'm sure this is contingent upon Santos being pretty damn good, otherwise if he isn't a dramatic upgrade from the abscess known as Barth then I would rather get a kicker in the 6th and an UFA to compete for the spot.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Butler is a great signing if he gets to playing like he should (I have seen only a few Pats games and he wasn't doing the best, might be far too small a sample size).

This is an offseason I could be pretty happy about. Landry, Dillard, and Ballage are all good prospects. Ballage is a good mix of Howard and Cohen IMO. Good hands, hard runner, decent balance.

Seeing Richburg get $9 mil annually surprised me, averaging 3rd highest for centers (tied with 2 others). Has he been that good? I really haven't watched the Giants much.

Also I'm sure this is contingent upon Santos being pretty damn good, otherwise if he isn't a dramatic upgrade from the abscess known as Barth then I would rather get a kicker in the 6th and an UFA to compete for the spot.

Richburg was PFF’s #2 center in 2016. He went on IR this year after a concussion. This assumes of course he’s fully recovered by March. As for the salary I think $9M is a bit rich but not crazy rich. He’s the top FA center though and Chicago isn’t a preferred destination given our lack of success. 

As to Santos, I’m resigning him in this scenario assuming he kicks to his career average 84.8% FG conversion rate. That percentage has him 12th all-time in terms of FG accuracy, just ahead of Adam Vinatieri. 

25 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Richburg was PFF’s #2 center in 2016. He went on IR this year after a concussion. This assumes of course he’s fully recovered by March. As for the salary I think $9M is a bit rich but not crazy rich. He’s the top FA center though and Chicago isn’t a preferred destination given our lack of success.

Ah ok. Never have subscribed to PFF so I didn't know he had been that successful. If he plays well and Whitehair rebounds back to the level he played in last year then it would potentially be well worth it.

I assume you mean Josh Jackson, from iowa.  He's a near lock to win the Thorpe award, the best cb in college football by a considerable distance, and a takeaway machine.  There is no way he lasts til the 2nd round even the beginning of the 2nd.  Hes more likely to go top 10 than he is 2nd round.

Archived