Quick Thanksgiving weekend mock

AZBearsFan

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I assume you mean Josh Jackson, from iowa.  He's a near lock to win the Thorpe award, the best cb in college football by a considerable distance, and a takeaway machine.  There is no way he lasts til the 2nd round even the beginning of the 2nd.  Hes more likely to go top 10 than he is 2nd round.

Weren't you saying that Desmond King was a lock for the 2nd round last year, just saying that you might be overrating him a little like most other Iowa prospects.

4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Weren't you saying that Desmond King was a lock for the 2nd round last year, just saying that you might be overrating him a little like most other Iowa prospects.

Hes currently rated in the top 20 by nearly every respected prognosticator.  King falling where he did was a victim of 3 things, being just a tad small (Jackson was already measured at a legit 6'1") not running a 40, and paralysis of analysis.  Scouts felt that King should move to safety to make up for his deficiencies.  King stuck to his guns that he was a cb, and hes been one of the 2 or best rookie cbs in the nfl.  Jackson doesnt have any of those limitations that scouts saw in King.  Not only is he a near lock for the Thorpe award, hes been named a finalist for the Bednarik trophy given to the nations best defensive player.  Kiper has him as #18 as of 3 weeks ago.  Cbs is mocking him #16 to the cowboys.  Corners rise on draft day.  Unless he gets injured in the bowl or elects to not come out, i stand by my statement

5 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes currently rated in the top 20 by nearly every respected prognosticator.  King falling where he did was a victim of 3 things, being just a tad small (Jackson was already measured at a legit 6'1") not running a 40, and paralysis of analysis.  Scouts felt that King should move to safety to make up for his deficiencies.  King stuck to his guns that he was a cb, and hes been one of the 2 or best rookie cbs in the nfl.  Jackson doesnt have any of those limitations that scouts saw in King.  Not only is he a near lock for the Thorpe award, hes been named a finalist for the Bednarik trophy given to the nations best defensive player.  Kiper has him as #18 as of 3 weeks ago.  Cbs is mocking him #16 to the cowboys.  Corners rise on draft day.  Unless he gets injured in the bowl or elects to not come out, i stand by my statement

Good thing you used Kiper because he is great, and that CBS mock does not help with you that is a horrible mock.  King has not been one of the top two rookie CBs, unless you take out Lattimore and White.  King was also a Thorpe winner so that doesn't really help his case.  So I still say you are overrating him as a top 10 prospect.

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I assume you mean Josh Jackson, from iowa.  He's a near lock to win the Thorpe award, the best cb in college football by a considerable distance, and a takeaway machine.  There is no way he lasts til the 2nd round even the beginning of the 2nd.  Hes more likely to go top 10 than he is 2nd round.

Yes that’s who I meant. I fixed it in the OP. Thanks. We’ll see if he goes that high. He’s still not even on a lot of top 25 lists. The Thorpe doesn’t guarantee him anything draft wise. I still think there are several CB prospects ahead of him or at least on par personally (Minkah, Ward, McFadden, Oliver) depending on scheme fit. If Jackson goes higher and one of them falls instead I’m cool with that too. 

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Good thing you used Kiper because he is great, and that CBS mock does not help with you that is a horrible mock.  King has not been one of the top two rookie CBs, unless you take out Lattimore and White.  King was also a Thorpe winner so that doesn't really help his case.  So I still say you are overrating him as a top 10 prospect.

King was a Thorpe winner in 2015 and probably should have come out following that season.  

Archived