WR Talk

nicfre2011

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

I just don't get it. I basically throw anything that happened out the window this year. Without a doubt almost every internet scout thought he was a top 5 player coming into last year. I watched him basically be one of the best receivers in college. I never saw the long speed issue. 

If teams forget about his tape from 2 years ago.. he is going to be the steal of the draft. He should be a top 10 pick.. I can't imagine he possibly falls beyond 20ish though.. no chance he makes it to the 2nd round even if he doesn't run at the combine. 

20 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Man, I’m really struggling with this year’s class. Anybody people really like?

REALLY like, as in, elite tier prospects? No.

Really like, as in I think they're high floor guys, yes.

JSN is going to have a great career at minimum in the slot, but I'm not sure how great of a pure outside WR he will be, and I feel the same about Jordan Addison to a degree. Both are great route runners, sure handed, and I think are more athletic than they get credit for. They lack ideal height and weight, but we've seen some of these guys have some success on the outside. "Worst case scenarios" for both barring injuries are very solid slot WR with some legitimate big play ability in those spots.

Quentin Johnston I go back and forth on. He's a legitimate freak at 6'4 and moves like he's a small guy, but I'm not sure how great he's going to be, and I can't really verbalize why I feel that way. On the one hand, he gives me Megatron vibes, and on the other hand, he gives me Kevin White vibes. I can't explain it at all.

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

REALLY like, as in, elite tier prospects? No.

Really like, as in I think they're high floor guys, yes.

JSN is going to have a great career at minimum in the slot, but I'm not sure how great of a pure outside WR he will be, and I feel the same about Jordan Addison to a degree. Both are great route runners, sure handed, and I think are more athletic than they get credit for. They lack ideal height and weight, but we've seen some of these guys have some success on the outside. "Worst case scenarios" for both barring injuries are very solid slot WR with some legitimate big play ability in those spots.

Quentin Johnston I go back and forth on. He's a legitimate freak at 6'4 and moves like he's a small guy, but I'm not sure how great he's going to be, and I can't really verbalize why I feel that way. On the one hand, he gives me Megatron vibes, and on the other hand, he gives me Kevin White vibes. I can't explain it at all.

Johnson is the guy where I have real concerns that his game won’t translate well. I like Addison and JSN fine, but who are those next tier guys? The names just keep coming in the last two drafts.

14 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Johnson is the guy where I have real concerns that his game won’t translate well. I like Addison and JSN fine, but who are those next tier guys? The names just keep coming in the last two drafts.

I think next year's class is going to be very solid too. But, I'm also generally down on this year's draft as a whole. I think there's a lot of lacking talent in a lot of spots in this year's class.

I DO like Jalin Hyatt more than many...but then...I mean, who is fifth? The kid from UNC? The kid from Houston? Marvin Mims?

...I just don't like this class at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

So Johnston, Addison and JSN are the top 3 in some order right?

Kayshon Boutte, Zay Flowers, Nathaniel "Tank" Dell, Cedric Tillman,Jalin Hyatt, Demario Douglas, Zakhari Franklin, and Zay Flowers are as good or even better than those 3. Those 3 have the most write-ups from mainstream draft "experts" and its sad to see the same thing on this site. 

26 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Kayshon Boutte, Zay Flowers, Nathaniel "Tank" Dell, Cedric Tillman,Jalin Hyatt, Demario Douglas, Zakhari Franklin, and Zay Flowers are as good or even better than those 3. Those 3 have the most write-ups from mainstream draft "experts" and its sad to see the same thing on this site. 

I do like Bouttee and Hyatt. I'm also a bit more into measurables than many, so I'm going to need to see Zay Flowers put on a show in some of his speed/athleticism metrics for me to buy into him as a prospect.

Dell will be 24 years old as a rookie, Tillman does intrigue me with his size, and to be fair I haven't seen Franklin or Douglas play.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 10:10 AM, gopherwrestler said:

Still not enough talk about Smith-Njigba. I still see him as a top two WR.

I've seen some mocks have him going at the very end of the first. Crazy how much people forget about how absolutely dominant he was with Olave and Wilson on the same field. 

He's a top 15 pick, without question

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I do like Bouttee and Hyatt. I'm also a bit more into measurables than many, so I'm going to need to see Zay Flowers put on a show in some of his speed/athleticism metrics for me to buy into him as a prospect.

Dell will be 24 years old as a rookie, Tillman does intrigue me with his size, and to be fair I haven't seen Franklin or Douglas play.

Still younger than Vestibular Jones

9 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Man, I’m really struggling with this year’s class. Anybody people really like?

No. There are some intriguing later round dudes that have #1 WR potential, but they’re also extremely far away from that ceiling that it’s not even funny.

There are virtually no day 2 WR prospects I like.

Guys I think have a chance to be great:

1. Rakim Jarrett
2. Ainias Smith
3. Dontay Demus
4. Dontayvion Wicks
5. Jason Brownlee

Again, I’m not “attaching my name to these dudes” confident in them, but I do think at least one of these guys ends up being pretty damn good. Lots of tools with all of them, especially Jarrett, who reminds me of DJ Moore (without the hands thus far).

• Like 1