Good News On Tracy Walker's Rehabilitiation

Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, HashtagFTW said:

I'm not positive we can trust his abilities anymore. This is gonna be a tough come back for him now that we have a high bar set. 

What is that based on?  He was playing pretty well prior to the injury.  It is a tough injury to come back from but the medical process and rehab has improved to the point where the biggest issue is time rather than performing at the same level after the injury.

25 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I'm fine with Walker alongside Kerby and then bring back Elliott. Good three-safety rotation.

I'm looking at valuations on Over The Cap and Spotrac. They both have Elliott valued between $6 and $10M per year (Spotrac has him projected for a 3 year $10M contract). 

I'd like to see us bring Elliott back but definitely not at those values. 

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

I'm fine with Walker alongside Kerby and then bring back Elliott. Good three-safety rotation.

DeShon Elliot has played well in Baltimore and in his single season in Detroit.  However, he has a lengthy injury history.  Giving him a more rotational role might help him stick around the league longer.    Assuming Tracy Walker is on the field next year, a depth chart that has Kerby Joseph, Tracy Walker and DeShon Elliot as our top-3 safeties seems pretty solid.

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

What is that based on?  He was playing pretty well prior to the injury.  It is a tough injury to come back from but the medical process and rehab has improved to the point where the biggest issue is time rather than performing at the same level after the injury.

It's an easier rehab for some positions over others. Regardless, he's on the roster next year so we have to hope for the best. 

• 2 weeks later...