GDT: Broncos @ Raiders

paul-mac

On 11/25/2017 at 4:34 AM, Broncofan said:

Keys to our drive to get a top 5 pick:

5.  OAK keeping Carr clean in the pocket - to say he's regressed is an understatement - who knew that Watson was such an important part of their OL (because he sucks for us lol).  Their RT play has been just as bad, if not worse.    Still, if they can keep Carr clean, a very different game script than when we last played OAK.

Actually our right tackle play has been very good relative to last year... And to say Carr has regressed without looking at the performance of our WRs and OC is a joke. Cute analysis, but watch the team before you try to make conclusions about things you don't understand.

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Goodness is Paxton awful. Imagine what this would look like against a competent defense. 

11 sacks and 0 INT's before this game.   We're making them look like the JAX D.

Someone suggested we could get a draft pick if Paxton plays well the next 6 weeks.

Right now I don't even think a CFL team would give us a pick for him.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

11 sacks and 0 INT's before this game.   We're making them look like the JAX D.

Someone suggested we could get a draft pick if Paxton plays well the next 6 weeks.

Right now I don't even think a CFL team would give us a pick for him.

Ok man no need to fire shots lol clearly they dumbed things down bc he just sucks.

I was wrong

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Actually our right tackle play has been very good relative to last year... And to say Carr has regressed without looking at the performance of our WRs and OC is a joke. Cute analysis, but watch the team before you try to make conclusions about things you don't understand.

Easy now - you've watched your team more than I have, I'll take your word for it on RT.    Carr's play hasn't been nearly as good as last year, though.    It's no insult to him, pre-injury he really was establishing himself as one of the top young QB's in the game, and obv. we'd love to have him over our horror show at QB.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Ok man no need to fire shots lol clearly they dumbed things down bc he just sucks.

I was wrong

It wasn't a shot, it's just how bad Paxton is right now.    And our OL too (the sacks are on them just as much as Paxton).  But yeah....not even close to ready for prime time.  And the worst part - as you noted, this is a dumbed-down O.  Uggggly.

Just now, Broncofan said:

Easy now - you've watched your team more than I have, I'll take your word for it on RT.    Carr's play hasn't been nearly as good as last year, though.    It's no insult to him, pre-injury he really was establishing himself as one of the top young QB's in the game, and obv. we'd love to have him.

Carr has suffered from the worst WR hands in the NFL. I get tired of defending him so I"m not coming for heads, but last weeks pick was off the hands of Holton. He's neutered in an Alex Smith offense when he's more Stafford stylistically. 

I apologize if I came off as angry, I'm just tired of this narrative.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Man, quite a few of you Raiders fans really need to calm down today. We suck, laugh at the world with us. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Man, quite a few of you Raiders fans really need to calm down today. We suck, laugh at the world with us. 

Don't worry we aren't very good either. I actually feel bad for the Broncos. So much mismanaged talent. If you guys can sign a qb in FA, you'll be in business.

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Yea but I still want him in there get the best pick we can. Sometimes you just got to face the music. Thats what elway has to do the last 6 weeks.

We all agree Lynch has to be in there.   Find out what you have.   Plus if we go 3-13 highest pick possible.  Win-win either way from a 2018 perspective, given we have no else to audition for 2018 with Kelly on IR.

Archived