GDT: Broncos @ Raiders

paul-mac

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Carr has suffered from the worst WR hands in the NFL. I get tired of defending him so I"m not coming for heads, but last weeks pick was off the hands of Holton. He's neutered in an Alex Smith offense when he's more Stafford stylistically. 

I apologize if I came off as angry, I'm just tired of this narrative.

It's OK, I mean it's not like we can really criticize ANY QB other than as objectively as possible from the outside.   Coop's 11 drops are horrid, no doubt, and they miss Musgrave more than they thought.   FWIW, I think we're just seeing what happens when QB's don't have clean pockets, either - Dak Prescott's pre-draft flaws didn't disappear, great OL play and an elite running game just masked them.  He also isn't as bad as his play the last 3 games without Zeke suggests, either.   Same deal with Carr, to a lesser extent (because DAL is the 2nd-biggest horror show the last 3 weeks - behind us).   It's not like he isn't your franchise QB, or still a top young QB to have.   

Bygones.

Just now, Broncofan said:

It's OK, I mean it's not like we can really criticize ANY QB other than as objectively as possible from the outside.   Coop's 11 drops are horrid, no doubt, and they miss Musgrave more than they thought.   FWIW, I think we're just seeing what happens when QB's don't have clean pockets, either - Dak Prescott's pre-draft flaws didn't disappear, great OL play and an elite running game just masked them.  He also isn't as bad as his play the last 3 games without Zeke suggests, either.   Same deal with Carr, to a lesser extent (because DAL is the 2nd-biggest horror show the last 3 weeks - behind us).   It's not like he isn't your franchise QB, or still a top young QB to have.   

Bygones.

Respect! I haven't been in the best mood today though so again I apologize, I try to be a little more approachable on this site in general.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Don't worry we aren't very good either. I actually feel bad for the Broncos. So much mismanaged talent. If you guys can sign a qb in FA, you'll be in business.

Would be nice. I'm worried Elway's hubris has caught up to him and the train wreck could continue into the long term. Sucks because there is enough high level talent on the team that they should be at least competitive. 

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Is anyone having fun watching NFL football this year? Like beyond Broncos football. Is anyone actually enjoying this product? I've been watching more NBA and college football than ever before. 

No not at all.  Last week for some reason I decided to watch football all day long.  The product is awful, like the league as a whole sucks.  I said this at the beginning of the year, but the social aspect has hurt viewership, but so has the product.

It just isn’t good football.  There is like 1or 2 games a week that are actually worth watching.  The rest suck.  QB play across the league is down, OL play across the league is down, so often times it’s just watching a bunch of offenses getting destroyed.

I actually blame a lot of this on the college game, which aside from watching prospects on YouTube or draftbreakdown I rarely ever watch.  The implementation of the spread, which is genius at the college level, has destroyed the NFL. All the athletes go to the defensive side in order to counter the spread then the QBs run the spread or a version of it and aren’t asked to make NFL throws or reads and 90% of them come in and fail.

Just now, jsthomp2007 said:

From one half of play...Paxton hasn't looked terrible.  They need to open up the playbook for him though.  They drafted him for his arm.  If they are going to screen passes and 5 yard flat...Siemien is your man for that game.  

Lynch can't get through the reads quickly, he's not showing any pocket awareness, and in the RZ his decision was absolutely horrible.   That's a mistake a rookie in his first preseason makes.  And this is our dumbed-down playbook where he can't show progress.   Our OL is still awful - but he's showing nothing so far.     If he can't get through reads quickly with a simple playbook and this awful Raiders D (which we're making look like Jax V2), there's nothing lost with 5 more weeks of auditioning, but this isn't good at all for Lynch.   

23 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Is anyone having fun watching NFL football this year? Like beyond Broncos football. Is anyone actually enjoying this product? I've been watching more NBA and college football than ever before. 

There are an awful lot of very poor teams around at the moment - and very poor play from very poor teams.

I think it all starts with how bad the OLs are.

23 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Would be nice. I'm worried Elway's hubris has caught up to him and the train wreck could continue into the long term. Sucks because there is enough high level talent on the team that they should be at least competitive. 

The shine has come off Elway a bit - he couldn't really miss with his first draft - he was fortunate (or pro-active) in getting Manning that masked a lot of flaws - and the chickens maybe coming home to roost. I think that Kubiak deserves a lot more credit for the SB win than he is given - hell, he deserves a lot more credit for getting pretty much the same team as this year to 9-7 last year.

This is a pure comedy act at this point. Lynch looks clueless. Renck had a tweet that said it all- the Broncos love that Paxton has a big arm, but he can't do anything else effectively. Elway fell in love with a prototype and it backfired for the second time. The defense appears to more or less have given up. OL is not good. Riley Dixon is complete garbage as well.

I suppose the only question to be settled at this point is whether Elway dumps Vance Joseph and clears house - because this most definitely is not working.

With our draft position we have an opportunity to get some players that will be able to contribute next year. Having a HC (as well as coaching staff - and front office) who can get the job done will maximise the outcome will be vital - otherwise we could face a long time on the sidelines.

I did feel that we weren't in complete rebuild mode - but after watching this it is looking more likely.

Archived