Is Nick Chubb on a HOF pace?

Kiwibrown

Nick Chubb HOF?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Chubb

34 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yards per carry is at all time highs the last few years.

It’s never been this easy to run the ball. Are we gonna knock current running backs like people attempt to do with current QBs or nah 

Yeah but it's not drastic and has somewhat to do with running QBs.

In the 70s the average passer rating was 60 something compared to 90 now. In the 70s teams ran for 140 yards per game, 120 now. 4 yards per carry then 4.5 now.

The stats aren't inflated like passing stats.

Outside of Bettis and Martin, RBs don't usually get in because of cumulative stats. They have to be seen as THE best running back in football for at around 4 years to be considered. How much better is Nick Chubb than say Corey Dillion who has 0% chance of ever getting in the hall

12 minutes ago, Malik said:

Outside of Bettis and Martin, RBs don't usually get in because of cumulative stats. They have to be seen as THE best running back in football for at around 4 years to be considered. How much better is Nick Chubb than say Corey Dillion who has 0% chance of ever getting in the hall

Dillion never once averaged 5 yards a pop, let alone for 5 straight years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malik said:

I mean Jamaal Charles had 5 seasons over 5ypc and 1 with 6.4 and no one even remembers him. Not even Kansas City fans

True. He also had a lot of injury problems, and fizzled out by age 29. We'll see what happens with Chubb. Playing for a Cleveland team that can't get it's head out of his *** isn't helping his case. 

20 hours ago, 3rivers said:

quite the stats you provided. Chubb is a great RB and fun to watch despite being on a team other than the team I  pull for.   It also is worth noting that in some systems he might actually get more carries /yards if he wasn't sharing snaps as much.  His average per carry  stands out  too because  thats over a few years and up there with all time greats. 

I mean....and Im trying my best not to fudge numbers or exaggerate but........Nick Chubb is the best pure RB in football since Adrian Peterson, he has the best YPC of any RB in the past decade, since entering the NFL he is the best 4th QTR RB in the league, he is the best RB since Barry Sanders at making people miss tackles and he has the most explosive runs of any RB in the NFL since stepping into the league.

Nick Chubb has Jamal Charles YPC ability, combined with Derek Henrys breaking takles ability, combined again with Adrian Petersons explosive play skills. With statistics and eye test I could easily make an argument that Nick Chubb is the best RB the NFL has seen since Barry Sanders and that includes Derrick Henry, Ladanian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson.

and Im not being facetious....at all

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean....and Im trying my best not to fudge numbers or exaggerate but........Nick Chubb is the best pure RB in football since Adrian Peterson, he has the best YPC of any RB in the past decade, since entering the NFL he is the best 4th QTR RB in the league, he is the best RB since Barry Sanders at making people miss tackles and he has the most explosive runs of any RB in the NFL since stepping into the league.

Nick Chubb has Jamal Charles YPC ability, combined with Derek Henrys breaking takles ability, combined again with Adrian Petersons explosive play skills. With statistics and eye test I could easily make an argument that Nick Chubb is the best RB the NFL has seen since Barry Sanders and that includes Derrick Henry, Ladanian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson.

Your stats tell the story.   

The part about Chubb is he will get the YPC while not being the top speed home run threat . He gets consistent yardage against anyone. If only he had better QB play and OC, but that could change next year and open up the run game and then Chubb could actually average close to 6ypc if the OL is healthy.  If Watson gets back to form and the OC is good, I expect Chubb to put up stats, especially if Hunt signs elsewhere and Chubb gets more carries

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I felt the exact same way about JC in his prime.

Chubb is JC without the injuries and I think JC was undoubtedly a HoFer if he had a healthier career.

I think Chubb is 3-4 big years away from HoF. Maybe 2 or 3 if CLE gets a ring and he's a part of it.

This thread does make me wonder what current RBs are future HOFers. I think Chubb and Henry are right on pace. McCaffrey’s current stint with the 49ers will be big for him. He stays healthy these next few years, it’ll go a long way. Other than that, not too many guys I think have a legit chance.

As for the question at hand, Chubb is definitely on pace. He’s been right there at the top of the best RB in the league spot the past few years. Another 2-3 years at or close to the pace he’s been at, should solidify his case. A nice playoff run mixed in would certainly boost his case also.